“A cozy, welcoming place to stay”
Review of Cathedral View

and 1 more site!
Cathedral View
Ranked #1 of 58 Salisbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Thank you Wenda and Steve for your lovely hospitality! We felt welcome and enjoyed our visit so much. Salisbury is a place to return to again and again. The B & B was centrally located for walking and transportation. The breakfast couldn't have been better - fresh ingredients meticulously prepared. Restaurant reccomendations were good and local info was priceless - we never could have done it on our own! Thank you again! Frances Hayes, Leslie Hayes and Haleigh Bolter

Room Tip: The windows were double paned which kept out the cold and any street noise so we loved having a wind...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sue H
There are newer reviews for Cathedral View

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I recently stayed at the Cathedral View with a friend for a couple of days. I travel frequently - and here are the things I found to be great on this B&B that I look for on all of my journeys:

1. The room was quiet. The road outside is not busy at night - plus the double windows keep the warm inside during the winter and the noise out. There are no late night bars around - so sleeping is no problem. To me, nothing is worse than a room where you toss around all night due to noise outside.

2. The location was great. You can walk from the train station (an easy 15-20 minutes) and you are right outside Salisbury Cathedral and just a short block from the main pedestrian shopping street/bars/restaurants in town. I usually take the train and walk places so I always look for a location where I don't have to take a cab or local bus to go see things.

3. The owners were great. Steven and Wanda were very friendly and nice. They have a nice balance of being helpful (they give out a local map when you check in, explain some good restaurants to visit, tell you what you need to see that day in case things aren't open the following days, etc.) - but they also give you space and privacy to enjoy your breakfast or come and go from the B&B without bumping in to them.

So, those are the top 3 things I look for in a place to stay (hotel or B&B). Other things to note about the Castle View - the breakfast is outstanding. I actually delayed my trip back a few hours so I could have the Full English again that morning. They have free wifi and the rooms are clean. I think they may have parking too (I don't know for sure since I didn't have a car - but they asked me if I did when I checked in).

I plan on going back to Salsibury and will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Seattle_Mooch
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The Cathedral View in Salisbury is tops in every way. Steve and Wenda are welcoming, friendly and very knowledgeable about their community. Steve has prepared personal guides for local attractions and restaurants. The rooms are spotlessly clean and while not large, they feel roomy. Every necessity was taken care of. There is nearby parking. Cathedral View is across the street from the entrance to the Cathedral- so location is quite convenient. Breakfast is complete- and delicious.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 14, 2012

My Husband and I (sounds like the Queen) recently stayed at Cathedral View on a trip to Salisbury to celebrate our 30th Pearl Wedding Anniversary, and we could not have chosen a better place to stay, not only is the bed and breakfast so well situated for the town and all the places you may wish to visit.
Our host Wenda and Steve could not have done more to assist us with our visit, providing very useful information and even booking us a table at an Indian Resturant called Anoka *- well worth a visit.
We have no hesitation in highly recommending anybody whom is visiting Salisbury to stay at
Cathedral View, as we shall if we visit again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Really friendly hosts, and a lovely room in a great location. I was only staying a night but would love to visit again. I was over-nighting for business, and had my car which I was given a parking permit for and could park opposite. My bedroom was very nicely decorated - warm and homely but with everything thought of (and all very clean). Not only was it a fabulous breakfast in the morning, but so nice to just cross the road and visit the Cathedral. I look forward to booking in again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This Guesthouse is ideally placed for visiting both the town and the cathedral as it is a 2 minute walk to both. Steve and Wenda keep very clean and pleasant accomadation. Steve is very helpful and informative when it comes to knowing all the interesting places to visit, eat or stay in the town and surrounding area. He also produces helpful walking guides to ensure you miss nothing. One thing not to miss is the cooked breakfast!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Very friendly, very professional, and the breakfasts were excellent! Steve and Wenda went out of their way to be helpful and informative. I would highly recommend them to anyone planning a stay in Salisbury.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple