I recently stayed at the Cathedral View with a friend for a couple of days. I travel frequently - and here are the things I found to be great on this B&B that I look for on all of my journeys:
1. The room was quiet. The road outside is not busy at night - plus the double windows keep the warm inside during the winter and the noise out. There are no late night bars around - so sleeping is no problem. To me, nothing is worse than a room where you toss around all night due to noise outside.
2. The location was great. You can walk from the train station (an easy 15-20 minutes) and you are right outside Salisbury Cathedral and just a short block from the main pedestrian shopping street/bars/restaurants in town. I usually take the train and walk places so I always look for a location where I don't have to take a cab or local bus to go see things.
3. The owners were great. Steven and Wanda were very friendly and nice. They have a nice balance of being helpful (they give out a local map when you check in, explain some good restaurants to visit, tell you what you need to see that day in case things aren't open the following days, etc.) - but they also give you space and privacy to enjoy your breakfast or come and go from the B&B without bumping in to them.
So, those are the top 3 things I look for in a place to stay (hotel or B&B). Other things to note about the Castle View - the breakfast is outstanding. I actually delayed my trip back a few hours so I could have the Full English again that morning. They have free wifi and the rooms are clean. I think they may have parking too (I don't know for sure since I didn't have a car - but they asked me if I did when I checked in).
I plan on going back to Salsibury and will definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cathedral View Bed and Breakfast offers you welcoming accommodation in Salisbury. Our guest house is a most convenient base for visiting the lovely City of Salisbury in Wiltshire. Overlooking Salisbury Cathedral, our Guest House is a Grade II listed Georgian Town House built in 1795. With a magnificent view of Salisbury Cathedral, our B&B is just a minute's walk from St Ann's Gate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and LateRooms so you can book your Cathedral View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cathedral View Hotel Salisbury