“An amazing welcome, and more amazing cocktails!”

Craft Bar at The Salisbury Arms
Ranked #21 of 270 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: American, Street Food
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Craft Bar at the Salisbury Arms: where bar meets pub meets cafe in a welcoming, informal and friendly social space. Our 'street food' garden kitchen cooks great value hand crafted burgers, made with fresh ingredients from local quality butchers and artisan bakers. We serve craft beer, burgers and cocktails, with skill, style and a smile. There is no need to book, but if you're a larger table (6+) please let us know and we can make sure we have a space available for you. Just 1 minute's walk from the market square, we are the back street bar you always hoped to find.
Salisbury
“An amazing welcome, and more amazing cocktails!”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Having never been here under the previous owners, because it looked a bit seedy, I've now been in here twice in a week, and love, love, love it! I've not eaten here, unless you count pistachio nuts, but the food on offer is simple yet appealing - around 3 sharing platters, or hot dogs, plus amazing looking cakes on the bar. The reason I felt compelled to write a review was, firstly, the staff are incredibly welcoming, knowledgeable and helpful, and secondly, the cocktails are fabulous! For me, it would be a bit of a pricey night if I stuck to cocktails for the evening, so best to get here for happy hour (between 5 & 8 I think), where a selection of cocktails is available on two for one, including New Year's Eve! Choice of wine is limited, but this is because this bar is aimed at cocktail and craft beer drinkers. My friend had an Icelandic beer, and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was, being firmly of the opinion that it was unlikely to be! Service is good, the atmosphere is cosy, with a mix of comfy chairs and sofas, and more usual chairs and tables. I hope that it busies up in the daytime to allow them to open at lunchtime during the week, as this is more likely when I'd eat out. If a place ever deserves to succeed, this one definitely does!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank TheOriginalRobochick

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Best pub in town”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Since its refurbishment in the summer, the Salisbury Arms has quickly become my favourite pub in Salisbury. The pub is cosy, the cocktails are amazing and the cake is to die for, but the real stars are the staff. Always smiling and friendly, they guarantee a warm welcome here any time of day or evening. Well worth a visit, whether you're a local or just passing through.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Laura J
London
“Come for the amazing cocktails, stay for the cake!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Craft Bar a few times and it has quickly become an after work favourite. The cocktails are excellent. These aren't the glorified alcopops that you find elsewhere in Salisbury but rather the sort of thing you'd expect in a trendy West-End bar. Excellently prepared using quality ingredients, Craft Bar definitely brings a touch of class to the Salisbury drinking scene. With a daily happy hour, they are very reasonably priced too!

I could spend all day talking about the cocktails (and all night drinking them) but I should also mention the fantastic ales, gourmet hot dogs and last but definitely not least, the homemade cake. Even if you don't drink cocktails, it's well worth a visit just for a slice of cake and a mulled cider. There's no better way to take a break from the Christmas shopping!

Visited December 2013
3 Thank acbowers
Salisbury, England, United Kingdom
“Big fan, huge!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I've been to this newly refurbished venue twice now and it is my new favourite place! Great atmosphere, comfortable seating, friendly staff and the best cocktails I've ever had! Last night my friends and I went for happy 'hour' and managed to drink our way through the various cocktails which were bogof, we also had one of their platters which was lovely, an excellent selection of yummy nibbles! We will return! So glad Salisbury finally has a classy venue which serves excellent cocktails and food at affordable prices. Can't praise them enough!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Claire-Marie C
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing cocktails - just fab!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Visiting Salisbury for the first time with friends we stumbled across this amazing bar. The staff are friendly, very knowledgable and clearly love what they do. We tried quite a few cocktails which are very reasonably priced and are probably some of the best cocktails we have ever had. There was a mixture of classic cocktails but also some really interesting flavour combinations with even wittier names. We sampled the sharing meat board which was delicious, what made it even better was the homemade bread and accompaniments. A great find and we know we will definitely be making a few more trips to Salisbury in the next few months!

• Visited August 2013