“Our visit to Stonehenge, Bath and Salisbury with Chris”

Southampton Stonehenge Tours
Ranked #4 of 20 Tours in Salisbury
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: There are some wonderful sites to be seen in this area. I am a private guide and I can offer a wide selection of options to ensure that your tour includes all the places which you want. Travelling in my comfortable air conditioned vehicle we can travel along those picturesque lanes. too narrow for large coaches following a route planned together. Want to take a picture?......no problem, just sway stop! Together we discuss your tour and together we follow it. I look forward to providing you with a detailed proposal Chris Litherland
melrose ma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our visit to Stonehenge, Bath and Salisbury with Chris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Our recent family visit to the UK began in Salisbury with a tour by Chris of Stonehenge, Old Sarum, the English countryside, and Bath. Chris was a wonderful tour guide making our visit very informative but relaxed and enjoyable at the same time. There were 6 of us, spanning a wide age range, but Chris was able to address our different needs easily. He adjusted the tour to suit our requests and adapted calmly to one of our mishaps (a misplaced cellphone which diverted us from the tour for a bit). We all felt very comfortable conversing with Chris and secure in the knowledge that he was very capable. Chris was prompt, courteous, and an excellent and careful driver (important for us nervous Americans driving on English country roads!).

Given the attentiveness, comfort, flexibility, and ease of the tour, the cost was very reasonable. I would highly encourage anyone considering a private tour to contact Chris. He will make the experience of that beautiful part of England very memorable!

Visited May 2013
CaminoChris, Owner at Southampton Stonehenge Tours, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
What a family occasion it turned out to be. I hope that you made Evensong, it would have finished the day perfectly for you. Thank you for your kind words and maybe we'll meet again?

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fabulous family day out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

My family and I booked a tour with Chris and it was fabulous. I have been on a tour with Chris before so I knew I wouldn't be disappointed.

Chris' van is very comfortable and he has a real in depth knowledge of the local area. He really brought Mediaeval England to life for us and importantly he was great with the kids (9 & 7yrs). He really captured their attention, especially at Old Sarum, so we all had a fabulous day.

Chris personalised the tour according to how much time we had and what our interests were. I would highly recommend this tour.

Visited May 2013
G'Day Kim and the Brillettes. It was great fun and the kids enthusiasm made the day sparkle. I hope Evan hasn't done any damage with the cross-bow. Look us up again next time your over
Atlanta, Georgia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best Stonehenge and Salisbury Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

After training over from Bath, my wife and I were collected by Chris at the station in Salisbury, and embarked upon a wondrous journey to Stonehenge, Old Sarum, the surrounding area, and Salisbury Cathedral. Chris's historical perspective on this one-on-one tour was only surpassed by his personal knowledge as a resident of Salisbury, including the scoop on Sting, Madonna, and Lady Chichester's camel, Theresa. Whether you are taking an excursion from a cruise ship docked at Southampton, or popping in for a Stonehenge and Salisbury Cathedral tour, we promise that the background and personal insight provided by Chris will enrich your visit beyond your expectations.

Visited April 2013
Thank you Steve and Judy. It was a pleasure meeting you. Of all my guests you are the only couple that has had photographs taken by the driver of the train! What's a brolly? Something which we always need here....an umbrella. I look forward to seeing you next time