“As good as you would get in Italy.”

Leonardo's Ristorante
Ranked #8 of 269 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Leonardo's we specialize in pizza, pasta and risottos. All our food is freshly made and our pizzas can be customized to suit your taste. We are located in the heart of Salisbury, on Oatmeal Row (access from the Market Place).​We are the sister restaurant to Da Vinci's of Castle Street, Salisbury, and aim to emulate their high cuisine standards.​
Bournemouth
“As good as you would get in Italy.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have been here 3 times for lunch now, so I thought it was about time I wrote a review.

I had been put off going to Italian restaurants in the UK due to the fact I could do better at home out of a jar compared to most of them.
What a pleasant change to find an Italian restaurant which was not part of a chain and not stuck in the 80's with limp lettuce, soggy pasta and factory made tiramisu.

A friendly genuine welcome awaited our lunchtime visits.
It is a small restaurant with seating over 2 floors and a contemporary unstuffy edge to it.

The menu has some of the expected staples of Italian fayre such as carbonara and lasagne which taste so fresh and delicious 'just like Mama use to make' as well as a great salmon linguine with melt on the mouth salmon plus a good choice of other options.

The pasta is home made in it's sister restaurant and is just so much better than the dried pasta so many other so called Italian restaurants serve.
Almost forgot the wonderful garlic bread with melted cheese - scrumptious !
Desserts such as the homemade cheesecake are fabulous and beautifully presented.

Their lunchtime prices almost feel as if you are robbing them and the evening menu is not a lot more, so it represents excellent value for money.
For evenings I would book but at lunchtime you could just walk in.

Can't wait to eat the again.

4 Thank Andy M

“First time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was first time I have weaten in Leonardo's. It was not particularly busy but it was on a wednesday night!! The staff were very attentive and the service was good. We shared a few starters between us, we wanted cappacio but they had run out but the Calamari and tempura vegetable were good. Main course we had Pizza which was very good albeit I asked for an extra topping of anchovy but once again it was not available. We were all generally impressed with the service and food and I would go back. It was quite nice enjoying a drink after our meal on the tablea and chairs outside the restaurant overlooking the Market Square.

1 Thank Harvrm
Warminster, United Kingdom
“Food & service very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Came here a couple of weeks ago with my girlfriend. We both had excellent meals and were pleased with the service. A little on the pricey side relative to other Italians, but all-in-all highly recommended.

1 Thank Nicholas K
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
““What a disappointment!!!!!!! DO NOT GO!!!!!””
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

The food is poor at best,overcooked scallops and overcooked risotto! thank goodness for the bread! Oh, and The only sound you hear is the kitchen staff yelling at each other, what a disappoinment!!!!!

1 Thank Andy L
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Sadly not a good Italian.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Being half italian I tend to stay away from retaurants claiming to produce authentic Italian food. After friends suggested meeting at Lenardo's I wish I had suggested another place to meet.
I can't fault the friendly staff who helped to make the experience bearable. Unfortunately the food was not great and in my opinion over priced.
My husbands Mussels were resonably tasty but my scallops were tough due to being over cooked. My friend found her risotto tasteless, a well cooked risotto should not need extra salt & pepper to make it tasty. My husband decided to try a dessert which looked like something from the Harvester restaurant....great for kids but italian ice cream should be AMAZING.
For an authentic Italian I suggest you don't try this restaurant.

2 Thank Simon W