“Big Skydive charity event”
Review of GoSkydive

GoSkydive
Ranked #1 of 19 Tours in Salisbury
Type: Skydiving, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Go Skydive the UK’s specialist Tandem Skydiving centre. If you’ve never skydived before – you’ve come to the right place. Our team of professional skydive instructors and support staff are specially trained to work with first-time tandem skydivers and our specialist equipment is selected for tandem skydiving only. We are regulated by the British Parachute Association adhering to their strict regulations as well as our own Go Skydive Standards of Excellence. So what's tandem skydiving like? Imagine an experience that puts your senses into overdrive. One that has your heart racing, the adrenaline pumping. And that leaves you so ecstatic you want to scream out loud. A tandem skydive is the ultimate adrenaline rush. When you jump out of a plane at 10-15,000 feet, you’re putting your trust in a total stranger. Literally throwing yourself into the unknown. Freefalling at 120mph is an experience like nothing on earth. Beyond exhilarating, it defies description. The only way to understand it is to do it. So, ready for the thrill of your life? Let’s do this!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed September 13, 2017

An amazing experience and a very slick operation.
Staff very nice with reasonably priced cafe on site.
And unforgetable experience and I would love to do this again.

TandemSkydive, Front Office Manager at GoSkydive, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2017

Hi Sheree J,

It's great to hear that your experience with us was amazing! We would love to have you back for another jump, give us a call as soon as you're ready (remember you get £60 off your second jump!).

Many thanks,

in 12 reviews
"birthday present"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

Bought my boyfriend a tandem jump for his 40th. Couldn't get over the passion and enthusiasm of the staff for what they do. The whole Experience (even though postponed on the first day) was amazing from start to finish. Every single member of staff was helpful, knowledgeable and very friendly. My boyfriend loved the experience and I have to say an extra special thank you to Alex for looking after Kev on the day and making his jump so much fun. Thanks guys keep doing what you are doing...perfect x

Hi Lisa,

Happy 40th Birthday Kev! Thank you for all your feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed your day. I will let Alex know that you enjoyed jumping with him.

Reviewed September 11, 2017

My son had the idea to arrange this jump with the Aerobility charity to raise funds for this worthy cause. The whole experience was amazing, the communication leading up to the jump was superb. The whole team from start to finish were wonderful.We received a warm welcome from the meet & greet and registration staff. We then met Stacey for the induction talk which certainly helps prepare you and answers any questions you may have.Then you wait to be called to get suited and harnessed up and have a briefing with safety checks and then you are introduced to your very experienced instructors. I was paired with Henk who was a really great guy, and my son with EJ, equally the same.

Nothing can prepare you for the initial free fall feeling but it was such a rush and then you have plenty of time in the air reflecting after the parachute opens before a soft landing. We can not wait to go back next year and jump from 15,000 ft.

My son opted for the video and picture package, and whilst it may seem expensive, its been really great to look back on and to send family and friends who supported us and give them an idea of whats its about, and hopefully they will jump with us next year!

1  Thank r0bg2017

Hi r0bg2017,

Aerobility is a brilliant charity, well done for the fundraising! I'm so glad you enjoyed the day and will pass your feedback onto Henk and EJ. The feeling of free fall is completely different to any other feeling and you got a whole minute of it and I'm sure your friends loved watching the video! See you again next year,

Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

I have never done something so crazy. I was very nervous to do this but so glad I did it for charity. If you're thinking about doing it... DO IT! It's such an amazing experience. I cannot think of anything Go Skydive could do better. The whole day was so well organised. There were a lot of people jumping on the day I went and it's arranged so well from when you arrive through check in, induction, kitting up, training, meeting your instructor and then onto the plane.
I think I had the best instructor to be strapped to. Max was just amazing - the perfect person to be jumping with, so happy and assuring, completely took my mind of being nervous. He held my hand onto the plane, talked me through everything that was going to happen, kept me at ease, triple checked we were all strapped up correctly (thank god) and before I knew it I was sitting on the edge of the plane above the clouds and flying through the sky at 125mph. Once the parachute was deployed I was allowed to take control of the parachute and we did lots of amazing spins and saw miles of countryside before landing. Surreal, insane but hands down the best thing I have ever done. Loved it! And the video and photos of my experience were ready to take home within 20mins of landing. Cannot recommend Go Skydive enough! Amazing place and people.

TandemSkydive, Front Office Manager at GoSkydive, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2017

Hi A1jonasbaby,

What a great thing to do for charity! I hope the fund raising has gone well? Taking control is great and the spins do add extra excitement. We hope you have enjoyed your photos and video and hope to see you soon!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 9, 2017

I booked my charity skydive back in April, and completed it today. The booking process was really easy and the team were so helpful - if you're jumping for charity, you get a discount which is great. When I got there today at 7am, the site was already bustling, and they were so professional and organised, getting people checked in, giving a very funny, relaxed induction talk, and kitting us all up for our jump. I met my instructor, Nick, who was lovely and friendly and teased me all the way up in the plane, which kept my mind off the fact I'd be falling from 2 miles up at 125mph. The jump itself was absolutely incredible - I screamed all the way through the freefall, and actually got to steer the parachute myself a little. I'd opted for a wrist-camera that Nick had on his glove, and he was great, getting footage of us falling over the Old Sarum Hillfort and the countryside. I felt very safe throughout the whole experience and utterly exhilarated when I was back on solid ground. I can't recommend this company enough, especially for first time jumpers! You'll honestly never forget it!

Hi Sarah,

Congratulations on completing your skydive from ! We will let Nick know that you enjoyed jumping with him. Old Sarum looks great from up there! I hope the fundraising went well,