“Teenager friendly”

Eastern Chillout
Ranked #3 of 276 Restaurants in Salisbury
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We would love to welcome you to our family-run restaurant and cafe and shisha garden conveniently located in the heart of Salisbury, just down the road from the rail station. Our mainly Turkish menu has something to suit everyone - with our new fast lunch-time deal which can have a taste of various countries foods for you to sample at your leisure to more refined a-la-carte dining with an Ottoman menu which is similar to modern-day Moroccan and Lebanese cuisines in spicing and the inclusion of dried fruits and nuts in many of the dishes. We wanted to create an opulent environment similar to the hotels and palaces of the Middle-East, but without the steep price-tag. For this reason you will find, despite the rich decor, an informal eating space that welcomes all age groups and caters for most tastes. You can just pop in and have a piece of baklava (rich, sticky pastry with walnuts) or enjoy the full experience with live belly dancing and traditional music (most Fridays and Saturdays). Our large Shisha Garden is open all year and we even have Bedouin tents for you to come and get away from it all in. We are unique and completely new concept in the dining-out experience - we will do all we can to make the best of your time with us - We are EASTERN CHILLOUT - enjoy the ride!
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We came here whilst visiting Wiltshire on holiday. We arrived at opening time 17.30 and were the ones in all the time. We never felt uncomfortable though sitting at the light airy front of the restaurant. Interesting menu. Good range of starters but the cold meze was excellent. The mains are small in number but quite intriguing. They are served with a bit of character which is nice. Great service and we left relaxed. Highly recommended

Write a ReviewReviews (2,428)

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is much bigger than the street view indicates, with decor in-line with the cuisine and quite cute; semi-private booths hidden behind curtains for 2-4 people mixed with larger tables. We sat out in their walled garden at the rear, experiencing interesting (and tasty) authentic wines and food, with a hubbly-bubbly pipe in the small tents at the bottom of the garden to finish the chillout. Atmosphere was great - it felt like we were on holiday abroad - not just off Fisherton Street near the railway station! Lowlights were the beef main dish and pistacio dessert, with highlights the lamb main, pastrami filo parcel starter and bakclava dessert.

1  Thank James H
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Had a lovely birthday meal and eating experience at eastern chillout for my 18th. The food was delicious, there was fast service and the decor inside and out was beautiful. The owners of the restaurant were so kind and gave me a complimentary desert and a free shisha! Thanks :)

1  Thank Charlotte L
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I visited Eastern Chillout for the first time with my boyfriend on Thursday 08/08/13. We were visitors to the area and selected this place based on the strength of Tripadvisor reviews. I urge everyone reading this to GO! It's just fantastic! Standing on the street we peering in through the door we knew it would be a 'different' experience just from the décor. When we stepped inside we were greeted very warmly by the staff (in charming traditional costume) and shown around the premises, including a large garden which has many al fresco tables and a dining tent, also a sort of marquee shisha lounge if you're into that sort of thing. We decided to dine inside and I'm so glad we did, because we got to sit in a little private booth, complete with plush settees, marble table and organza curtains. The furnishings are a little tired and hotch-potch in places, but honestly, this place is so much fun we really couldn't care less and the eclectic fashion just adds to the appeal of Eastern Chillout. Don't judge, get stuck in... and chill out. Once seated in our secluded candlelit booth we were served drinks. The rose sherbert is yummy, please make sure someone in your party orders it just to see how it is served! Wine is very reasonably priced per glass and the Turkish pilsner by boyfriend ordered was very tasty. Oh, and we were given a Fez to amuse ourselves with which provided more entertainment than should be possible for two adults, but there you go... must be something in the water!
The food is just gorgeous. Seriously, I have never eaten anything like it, we oohed and aahed over every delicious mouthful. We started with a sharing mezze which included houmous, lamb dumplings, sausage and feta pastries among other yummy things. I had lamb braised with dried fruit served in a pineapple with bulgur wheat for my main, and my boyfriend had braised beef fillet with aubergine mash. The lamb was so intensely flavoured and the aubergine mash was incredibly aromatic and smoky. Just mouth watering. The portions were a good size so we finished up with a dark strong Turkish coffee each and shared Turkish delight with sweet sticky rose jam, and a small flaky honey-soaked walnut pastry. Sitting there in the candle light with the mirrors twinkling and the Turkish radio chattering in the background while we devoured these exotic treats was quite an experience, we really could have been anywhere else in the world.
The gentleman serving us said that they were planning to open a spa, like a Turkish bath. I really hope they do. I just love it here, I can't wait to go back.
I've got to say thank you to the staff for putting up with us giggling and snogging like a couple of teenagers all night, but it was partly their fault for making it such a fun and relaxed evening!

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited eastern chill out with a view of trying something different and we were not disappointed. Our food was authentic and really tasty, the menu was well explained and the staff couldn't have been friendlier. We moved outside after dinner and enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere in the garden with a sheesh an some green tea. I particularly enjoyed the rose water as a non drinker. Reasonably priced with great service, this restaurant is a perfect location to wile away a summer evening.