“Great with young kids.”

Ranked #59 of 276 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Cafe
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Quirky, eccentric and playful the Cosy Club offers informal casual dining, drinking and lounging in a homely and family friendly environment.
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I meet regularly with friends all with young children and the staff are always so accommodating with the children. We usually just have coffee and sometimes breakfast. Although the breakfast is sometimes hit and miss, for our coffee catch up we really can't complain. It is pretty hard to find places that welcome young children but we are always made to feel welcome. Thank you.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Have tried this place twice; for benefit of doubt - but won't be returning.

Both times the quality of food was very poor: fish finger sandwiches with stale bread and badly overcooked, chewy fish; falafels overcooked with little flavour; prawn (marie rose) sandwich came with stale bread, hardly any prawns and no marie rose sauce; childrens 'baked' macaroni cheese was just cooked pasta in a white sauce with absolutely no flavour and a distinct lack of cheese, had also obviously been nowhere near an oven or grill to be 'baked'.

One waiter did ask what we thought of the food, to which we made it clear we weren't impressed ... "Average then" he summised - but there was no further attempt by staff to rectify or discuss our concerns.

Shame as the venue is lovely.

CosySalisbury, Manager at The Cosy Club - Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Hello, firstly let me start by thanking you for your honest feedback. I would like to apologies to what sounds like a far from perfect visit. I am sorry to hear that your feedback on the day was not dealt with there and then. We are continuously training and developing our staff in such matters so that every customer leaves our venue happy!

We are working closely along side our kitchen team to prepare and serve top quality food, please accept my sincere apologies that your visit did not succeed the standards we are endlessly striving to achieve.

I do hope you give us another chance and let us prove to you how seriously we take our customers experiences.

Kind regards

Emily Barton
Manager

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Interesting menu and tasty food.small cosy garden( suntrap last summer).
Helpful staff and pleasant feel to the place

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I absolutely love it here, often come here for lunch and sink into the lovely cushioned sofa, there is also a dining area and an upstairs I believe. The decor is just fab and the food is great....I just love it

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I had heard mixed reviews for this restaurant but on the day we went it was great.
The restaurant was clean, the staff were very friendly and the service was brilliant.
The restaurant has loads of space and plenty of tables so there's no pressure to get you out once you had finished.
One of the positives for me is that they had a very varied menu with loads of light meals - which us more mature folk appreciate. If you cannot bear your plate piled high this is the place to go.
Great Atmosphere, good quality food & the price was very reasonable too! I shall definitely be going back.