“Cheap ingredients”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Rubbish tesco's value bread for the sandwich, frozen chips and fairground burgers at top restaurant prices! Should have gone to tesco's and got a value meal, would have been better quality.

2  Thank Tomuchfood

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We arrived around 13.20 on a Saturday. The downstairs was a little busy so we went upstairs to find a table. Although there were qutie a few tables free, they all had dirty plates etc on them so we had to clear our own table in order to be able to sit at one. The rest of the tables didn't get cleaned for about 45mins.

My partner went downstairs to order, standing in a queue behind two other people for around 15mins. When he ordered the lady that took his order was rude, very flustered and forgot to give him a table number, which I had to send him back down to get.

We then waited around 10mins for our cold drinks to arrive. I had a can of drink (which cost 1.40!) that came with an empty glass (no ice/straw etc).

Whilst waiting for our food the waitress was yelling table numbers up the stairs to which customers would have to respond by shouting down the stairs "up here", (shocking system). The table behind us received the wrong order and the waitress had to take one of their meals back to get the right one.

There was also one 1 toilet, which 3 people were queing for for about 10mins until the waitress noticed and said no one was in there. Trying the door she discovered it was locked but no one inside was responding. Therefore the 3 customers had to wait a further 10mins for another memeber of staff to come and unlock it.

After witnessing all this choas for half an hour our food finally arrived. I had only ordered a cold beef and horseraddish sauce sandwich and chips and my partner a panini and chips. Apparently this takes half an hour to prepare.

My sandwich was shockingly poor, made with one thin slice of beef and LOADS of sauce dripping out. It was on thin white bread (much like the standard kingsmill you would buy in the supermarket). The chips were overcooked and hard, but at least they were hot I guess.

All in all, the service was appauling, the standard of the food was terrible and that price for this was shocking!

Living in Salisbury, I am aware of many other places where you can get a much better experience than this for a lot less money. This was the first time i'd tried Nuggs and I will certianly never be going there again!

5  Thank Kimberly W
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Looked nice from the outside and with both of us feeling really hungry, we went it for some lunch . The building is very old and has been nicely modernised. You can see the original beams and there is further seating upstairs. The menu was good and we liked how you go up to order at the counter rather than sitting there wondering what to do! The prices are OK, not cheap but standard lunch menu prices. There were papers to read and the gentleman who dealt with us was very polite and helpful. There were quite a few other people in there with more coming in while we ate. It seems like the kind of place where people come regularly.
The food was really nice, I had the lasagne and garlic bread (my only complaint was that the salad was a little on the stingy side) and my partner had the Nuggs breakfast which was very nice, well cooked and there was lots of it! They even do a 'monster' all day breakfast which must be mega. We would recommend popping in here, if in Salisbury as the location is great, service is efficient and friendly and the food was lovely.