“Poor experience!”

Market Inn Salisbury
Ranked #40 of 269 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Enjoy contemporary relaxed surroundings, with freshly prepared food from our sumptuous menu,complemented by our extensive range of beers, ales and fine wines.Look out for our daily offers pie and a drink to 25% off prosecco (terms and conditions apply)
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Poor experience!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Visited yesterday in my lunch break, curious after the recent re-opening after the fire last year. Sat outside to enjoy some brief sunshine (noted that it was not at all busy indoors) and my order for tea, sandwich with side order of chips was taken fairly quickly. Then i waited ...and waited...., noting that a group there before me were still waiting and wondering! After eventually attracting the attention of the waitress, the tea arrived, plus cutlery, always a good way of appearing that the food is imminent - it wasn't! After another request one miserable salmon and cucumber sandwich appeared on a huge rectangular plate with a few lonely sprigs of rocket at the other end, not even saved from dryness by the promise of cream cheese. Chips were good and that's about it.
I ate it because time was running out and they did deduct the cost of the tea - still massively over-priced for what was offered.
Thank goodness for the efficient baker on the next corner.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank 505loneranger505
Mike H, Owner at Market Inn Salisbury, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
If I may introduce myself, I'm Mike Hutchinson the new owner of the Market inn, Salisbury.
I purchased the business on the 5th November and I have only just got around to registering myself on Trip advisor, and although I was not personally involved with the Market inn at your time of visting us, I was saddened to read your comment.
I would like to invite you to come back and vistit us again, "maybe you could be our mistery shopper" then after please ask for myself, as I would very much like to make amends.
Hopefully we will see you soon.

Regards,