“Not to be missed…..”

Salisbury Chocolate Bar & Patisserie
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: Ceased Trading
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Absolute gem tucked in close to the Cathedral. Indulged in a delicious hot chocolate, yummy pastry and truffles - you have to try the Champagne truffles - to die for. The service was so helpful and friendly and the shop itself is delightful, recently decorated……… the chocolates can also be mail ordered. I will be back on my next trip definitely.

1  Thank Claire B
There are newer reviews for Salisbury Chocolate Bar & Patisserie

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I finally made it to the Salisbury Chocolate Bar and Patisserie on a visit to the cathedral. It was perfectly located about five minutes from the cathedral. Whilst in the shop, I enjoyed a delicious hot chocolate and a small selection of chocolates. It was a great pick me up! I also visited later for afternoon tea and the most difficult thing to do was select which cake to have, they all looked amazing and were home made, something quite rare these days. They tasted as delicious as they looked. The staff were well presented, attentive and the service was second to none. Very friendly and knowledgable team. This shop is definitely a must to visit again very soon.

3  Thank Mark D
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Amazing place fresh clean and great staff. Seeing previous reviews how does someone eat all their food then complain. Don't believe everything you read, and judging by the comments by some on here what they say is wrong this is a great place.
Highly recommended

2  Thank chocman5
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I had ordered some chocolates online last year and the recipients raved about them so when I knew I would be in Salisbury a few weeks ago I decided to pay a visit before doing the sites that Salisbury had to offer. We ended up spending almost all afternoon there indulging in the coffee and pastries ..and chocolates ... The staff were so friendly the time just flew by. The sites will have to wait until my next visit!

1  Thank IanAldrich
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I had a coffee and Danish pastry here today. It was the most awful pastry I have ever eaten, stale and tasteless. When I mentioned this when paying the bill I was greeted by denial and abuse from the young man behind the counter who actually followed us out of the door which was quite intimidating. I was interested to see you have had other negative comments and I am not surprised as I have used your shop many times before but will never again.

4  Thank Pauline E
John L, Owner at Salisbury Chocolate Bar & Patisserie, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you for your feed back, and I am sorry that you claim to have had a bad experience at my shop. I would ;like to respond to your comments in turn, and I hope you accept my response in the same light in which your comments have been written.

I had a coffee and Danish pastry here today. = There were two of you, and you asked for an extra plate, napkin and knife so you could cut the pastry in half. We often have people doing this and we don't make any extra charge for the plate napkin or washing up.

It was the most awful pastry I have ever eaten, stale and tasteless. = You both ate ALL the pastry and despite being asked if you were happy TWICE not once did you indicate or say to either of the staff that it was inedible. I find that a little odd and I am sorry that you felt you had to finish ALL the pastry and clean your plate. For your information, we have checked with our suppliers guidelines and all our produce is fresh and within date and this is checked daily.

When I mentioned this when paying the bill I was greeted by denial and abuse from the young man behind the counter who actually followed us out of the door which was quite intimidating. = This is most unfortunate, and having reviewed your comments and spoken to the staff, they tell me your reason for not paying was you were unhappy with the PRESENTATION of the pastry. I would very much like to know exactly how should a Danish pastry be presented? I have only ever known it to be on a plate, with a knife and fork and a napkin, or in this case half a pastry on each plate, two napkins and two knives.

You say this young man "followed" you to the door, this is most odd as the information we have is that you then questioned him on ownership, which clearly being a "regular" you would know the history. I am sorry you felt the need to report something that was actually untrue.

I was interested to see you have had other negative comments and I am not surprised as I have used your shop many times before but will never again. = This I think is a very interesting comment and as a regular you would know this standard of service has never occurred before, otherwise why would you have returned? If you have been "many times" you will know me and would have known that if you weren't you could have spoken directly to any member of staff and your food would have been replaced BEFORE you had eaten it.

If you would like to make contact with myself at the shop in writing I will see to it that you are fully reimbursed for the coffees you had. This comment has been referred for removal as we believe it to be an untrue account of your experience, we also believe you have written this on behalf of another person which violates the guidelines stated for making a review. That being said thank you for bringing this to our attention and for your negative comments. If only you had taken the time to mention this before you ate all the Danish pastry.