“Pricey but tasty”

Description: Ceased Trading
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Pricey but tasty”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Nice quirky place in Salisbury centre. We had two cappuccinos, delicious ham and cheese croissant at good price but we found the chocolates a bit too pricey. It's a pity because they have loads of dark chocolate treats and I love dark chocolate but for £1.25 a piece I can't really see myself buying any. I would have to buy a few to make it worth but the discount for buying them in quantity wasn't great.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Becenuk

Salisbury, England, United Kingdom
“My Favourite Lunch Spot in Salisbury”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Everytime I time go to this resturant I get great service, good reasonably priced food and drink and some lovely chocolates! The staff are always friendly and helpful. I have tried both the savoury food and the sweet and always found it great for a light lunch or just a hot drink on a chilly day! I especially like the black forest cake and the sausage roll with chutney mmmmm yummy. the atmosphere is geat, but can get a bit noisy when full. The choccy's I would recogmend to all I love the chocolate mice (in all three colours) and the chocolate frogs just as a treat but they also do a great range of handmade chocs and you can choose your box and ribbon too!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sarah W
Swindon, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing place”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My family and I visited the Salisbury Chocolate Bar and Patisserie in Salisbury and I would most certainly, without a doubt, visit again. The service was absolutely amazing and the staff friendly and welcoming. The food was fantastic and the Cream Tea was the best that I have ever had. The shop was very busy during my visit and the staff still managed to look after their customers with total grace and always with a smile. I have to say that reading some of the comments below, I totally disagree with the negative feedback as I could not have wished to stop anywhere else. I will visit again at every opportunity and I would also recommend the Salisbury Chocolate Bar and Patisserie to all of my friends and family. Thank you so much for a fantastic visit.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Bess J
Southampton, United Kingdom
“awful”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Dropped in for scone and coffee. Waiter thought he was London ' street'. He needs to be trained and consider his language to customers. Service was very slow -not busy. Cups had to return as they were dirty. Butter was rancid and scone bland. Will never return.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank katlaulib
John L, Owner at Salisbury Chocolate Bar & Patisserie, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thank you for your review, and your comments have been noted. I will respond to each of your points in turn and I hope this will make you understand why we take your comments seriously.

1. Dropped in for scone and coffee. Waiter thought he was London ' street'.

The waiter you refer to is from London and has a speech impediment. He is loved by many of our customers as being a real achiever. Whilst you find it necessary to criticise his language, he felt your comments were unfair and unkind.

2. He needs to be trained and consider his language to customers.

He spent several years in training, it was a course designed to help those that struggle in life, where they are often discriminated against to achieve and do well in life. The college has a great success rate and I am sure he will be happy to pass on your details if you would like to attend yourself.

3. Service was very slow -not busy.

Yes we do have days when service is a little slower than a fast food quick turn around coffee shop. However, we do try to use more staff on busier days, but when you have 60 customers to serve sometimes service slows up. I am sure you understand that some times it will be slow, but you'll always get a smile.

4. Cups had to return as they were dirty.

That's not quite true, we inspect every cup as it is placed on the tray from the maker to the server, I think you are confused with a cup being old and showing age. We have changed our crockery several times since this review.

5. Butter was rancid and scone bland.

We have never served rancid butter. We use so much butter that we are buying it almost daily. The local supplier, from where this was sourced, are an national supplier. If however you felt it was rancid, then why was it eaten, rancid butter would make you very ill, and you would not have been able to eat it. I'm sorry your scone was bland, we aim to cater for all pallets, as we do several types of scone and as you have not mentioned the type you ate I cannot comment on this.

6. Will never return.

That's very unfortunate, as now we cannot compensate you for your time effort and imagination in writings this review. There are many other coffee shops in and around the city.

We wish you well and hope you can a little less critical on public forums in the future. You might want to try talking to the owners before making public comments of this type.
Houston, TX
“Delightful place, so glad we happened upon it!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

After visiting Stonehenge, we decided to walk around Salisbury as it looked to be such a beautiful little town. After lunch, the kids and I decided to head to the church to see the Magna Carta and was hoping to find some place to buy ice cream. We saw alot of cafes but no ice cream. Then we saw ice cream in the window of the Salisbury Chocolate Bar and Patisserie so went in.

What a charming place!!! We were warmly greeted and decided to stay after seeing all the wonderful goodies displayed. The boys had sundaes made out of fresh handmade ice cream but it just wasn't a sundae, it was this fancy treat with little cookies and umbrellas, etc. Even something as simple as tea was served like we were special. We weren't rushed at all....it was such a relaxing place.

Now being Americans, one of the best things about this place for us was the air conditioning. It seems to be so rare in England that it was a pleasant surprise to feel it when we entered. :)

• Visited June 2013