“A very good evening”

Charter 1227 Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 269 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A fine dining restaurant located upstairs above Costa coffee overlooking Salisbury's Historic Market Square.
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
“A very good evening”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We arrived late in town and thought we would try for dinner. It was excellent- from the friendly and attentive service to the exquisitely prepared and tasty dishes. I wish the team every success in putting the restaurant as firmly on the map as it deserves to be. We shall be back!

1 Thank Oriel321

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spectacular cuisine”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Visited recently after seeing Tripadvisor reviews. Booked at short notice on a Friday evening. How I managed to get a table mistifies me, they should be queing round the corner to eat here! Small menu but all beautifully cooked. Portion size was good and presentation excellent. Service was efficient but not in your face. I cannot recall eating a better meal in the UK. I have eaten in 3 Michelin starred venues and this restaurant would hold its own with any of them. Unpretentious and superb.

1 Thank KHS3682
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Golden wedding anniversary”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We took my parents, sister and uncle to the restaurant back in September on the strength of the reviews on trip advisor.

I rang to book and spoke to a very helpful gentleman (it was for a Saturday night).

I have to say that the service and the food was exceptional and we will definitely return. I would recommend this to anyone - the food was immaculately presented, not over sized and was delicious. Only one criticism - really poor music in the background - sounded like copies of originals and did not fit with the ambience at all (this is a minor criticism). Do go and try it.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank The_Courier
Salisbury
“At last!! A Superb Restaurant in Salisbury!!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I recently visited Danny Bozic’s Restaurant. My guests and myself were absolutely blown away with the standard of his food. The menu is small which I am always encouraged by as extensive menus never seem to deliver (in my experience anyway). Each dish has been very carefully thought out and exquisitely presented. The flavours were fabulous; If I had been a little more uncouth I would have licked the plate!!

Thank you Danny for a lovely meal, I think that your place will be becoming a regular haunt. You should enter Professional Master Chef!!!!

1 Thank CanineSalisbury
Bath, United Kingdom
“Very Good Restaurant”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Charter 1227 had realy established itself in Salisbury when unfortunatley some months ago it was damaged by a fire in an adjacent building. This is my first visit subsequent to the refurbishment and it was great. The staff are very helpful and attentive, and the food was of a great quality for the price. I had an evening meal, and have yet to try the lunchtime menu, though if it is as good as the evening meal, I will be looking forward to the experience. My only criticism would be the decor which I find a bit bland, but that's a personal choice and others may love it and it certainly does not detract from the quality of the food. However I have never been a fan of the artwork on the walls being for sale with price tags on - tacky! Can I recommend the restaurant - yes wholeheartedly. Would I go back - absolutely. Will I be buying any of the pictures - no!

• Visited September 2012