“The Best Hotel in Salisbury”

Cricket Field House
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Salisbury
newport isle of wight
“The Best Hotel in Salisbury”
Reviewed November 20, 2010

I cannot praise the stay at this hotel enough, the owners Margaret and Brian made us so welcome. Rooms were spotless and the service we received was faultless. The day started with a " Brian's breakfast "which set us up for a days Christmas shopping in Salisbury or Wilton Shopping Village, both of which are served by frequent bus services.
This hotel is well situated whatever the reason for your visit to the city of Salisbury.
I am so pleased we found this hotel and will be booking in here again without doubt.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Irving, Texas
Reviewed November 16, 2010

Beautiful room. Excellent Breakfast. Wonderful hosts. Helped two very tired travelers celebrate my wife's birthday with a cake and flowers waiting in our room.

Marlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Brian and Margaret are such friendly superb hosts and everything about the hotel is excellent! It was clean, beautifully maintained and the breakfast was deliciouly prepared and served! My wife and I stayed there on a recent trip to see Salisbury and we could not have chosen a better place! We were met at Reception by Brian and their dog, who is a real character. I was surprised when he sat up at the front desk to welcome us ... the dog not Brian! :-) See photo if you don't believe me!.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2010

A great hotel with fantastic service - breakfast was marvellous!
An easy walk to the centre. Margaret and Brian were superb hosts.
Wish we could have stayed longer.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I arrived during a torrential rainstorm and received a much needed friendly welcome. I was very quickly checked in and given the broadband code. As a lone traveller I was asked if I'd feel more comfortable in the main house - very considerate and thoughtful. Upon being shown to my room I was pleased to see a cozy, spotless room with a homely feel. After an excellent night's sleep I enjoyed a wonderful full English breakfast served by another friendly polite and attentive member of staff. Throughly great experience and a refreshing change in a world of mediocre hotels.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Liphook, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I booked Cricket Field House as I was tired of staying in the generic hotels, which lack character and, once you had taken the fact that breakfast was included in the price, Cricket Field Hotel was very competetive. I travelled with my parents and my daughter and her boyfriend, so our age range was between 23 and 65.

The rooms were impeccably clean and tidy and each of the three rooms we booked was individual in its taste. There was a lovely garden and my father thoroughly enjoyed watching a local cricket match from the window of his room.

The furniture was tasteful and comfortable with plenty of room to store clothing and also tea and coffee making facilties in each room.

Breakfast was fabulous. Full English breakfasts were freshy cooked to order and you could choose whatever you wanted, rather than ordering a plate of food, If you wanted the wonderful fresh mushrooms on toast, then that would be brought to you. If, like me, full English breakfasts are not your thing, there was plenty of fresh fruit, yoghurts, cereal and toast made to order. My incredibly fussy family all found a sumptuous feast on both mornings we stayed at the hotel which sustained us until our evening meal!

Finally, this is a family run hotel, with support staff. Everyone was polite and friendly (including a lovely dog called Snoopy who snuck out of his bed to greet us in reception). The whole atmosphere of the hotel was calm, friendly and a real pleasure to stay in.

There was plenty of parking in front of the hotel and it was in easy reach of Wilton House, where we had tickets for concerts and Salisbury.

I would recommend this hotel to anybody - particularly if you are bored with the same old chain hotels - and I would book to stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank odipup
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 27, 2010

As the name suggests, this B&B is located next to a cricket field. There is free parking at the front of the building. On arrival, we were given a local map and advice of where to go and how to best get there. It is approximately a 25 minute walk in to Salisbury town centre, with plenty of pubs, shops and eating options nearby.

This B&B is well maintained, impeccably clean, tastefully appointed with beautiful gardens and an overall charming feel. Our room was large with a built-in robe, shower with 2 heads, hairdryer, 2 arm chairs, kettle with tea/coffee making facilities, large TV, plenty of storage space and a large, comfortable bed with luxurious crisp, clean linen.

The breakfast was excellent with a continental buffet selection and cooked meals to order served politely and efficiently.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple