All reviewsbreakfast was excellentyogurtfull english breakfastbusy roadshower roomwarm welcomesalisbury centrethe ground floorgreat showervisiting salisburyplenty of parkingcoffee machineguest houseminute drivemain roadstayed longerwalk into town
Reviewed May 21, 2009

Staff were friendly and welcoming. Happy to answer queries and chat. Room was roomy, clean and comfortable. Double bed and two single beds, ideal for family of four with teenage children. Conveniently located just on fringe of Salisbury. On busy road but didn't have any problems with road noise. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2009

The Cricket Field House is a very nice B&B just outside of Salisbury. The owners were very nice and helpful. The room was very rooomy for our family of 4. The location was ideal for our visit to Stonehenge and the full english breakfast was deliciuos. We had an early reservation with a tour guide (Vic's Taxi - excellent choice - see review under stonehenge) so they had breakfast ready for us at 7:00a. If you walk into or back from town ask for directions the back way. It takes you along a very nice park.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2009

This is a great B&B, our room was large and spotless and the location was brilliant for us. Tea & coffee facilities, hairdryer, local information, good sized tv and king size bed (made up of two beds joined together). The road didn't bother us and we didn't hear any noise from it.

Few annoying points but would not put us off staying again -

The website says they cater for vegetarians - by that they mean choose from everything off the breakfast menu except the meat, there were no vegetarian sausages or bacon etc available. I had told them when I booked my hubby was vegetarian so they could have been more prepared.

The shower was about as powerful as a leaking tap!

There was no plug near the dressing table and for any ladies like me who like their straightners & tongs it was a little annoying!

Would recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed September 23, 2008

My third business trip to Salisbury and I asked my company to arrange my stay at this bed and breakfast as it came highly recommended.

Staying here was like being welcomed into someone's very lovely home. The house is fairly large, and I believe it is made up of a newer and an older bit. There is a well mancured court-yard and garden area to the rear, complete with duck pond and numerous ducks who are practically members of the family.

The guest house is owned and run by the hard working and hands on couple; Margaret and Brian and a small and very friendly team of staff and family.

I stayed in room 17, in the main house overlooking the cricket field and was delighted with how cosy it was.

The room was a decent size, so well kept as to be immaculate and simply but tastefully decorated in a modern, homely style. I had a modern en-suite (shower only, no bath which suited me fine), spotlessly cleaned every day.

Whilst staying at the guest house, I used their business facilities - namely a meeting room off the court yard at the back of the house. It was spacious (perfect for groups of 10 or so people I'd say), well stocked with all of the supplies I required, and we received teas, coffees and biscuits, plus a lovely working lunch, served on the patio.

I didn't eat any other meals there except breakfast (home cooked to order with fully stocked buffett as well), but hear it's simple yet wholesome food.

I'd say it's within walking distance of the local sights if you don't mind a brisk (and not entirely scenic) walk, otherwise a short taxi drive is all it takes to have you in the heart of Salisbury.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 24, 2008

Hotel or B&B - who cares what it's called? What matters is comfort, cleanliness, service and the food, and on all these counts this place stands head and shoulders over many others we have stayed at.

My wife and I spent a night in April and had a double room on the first floor overlooking the cricket field. It was spacious and the large bed was extremely comfortable. Whoever does the cleaning deserves a medal! It was also quiet, with no noise from trains or the road, which is important to me as I am a very light sleeper.

Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice and the food cooked exactly as we requested - crispy bacon, soft egg etc.

We were given advice on where to park in Salisbury, the best places to eat and other useful stuff. So how anyone can criticise the service is beyond me.

As far as I am concerned this is the place of choice in the area and we shall be coming back again and again.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple