“Excellent”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Salisbury
Chicago
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a great B&B. It isn't as close to town as I had hoped, but it was just a short drive. (It rained during our stay, so we didn't want to walk.) We arrived direct from Heathrow so were tired. The owner directed us to a wonderful old pub for our first English meal, the Victoria and Albert in a tiny village about 2 miles away. It was perfect, with good food and beer.
Really friendly family place with a large room overlooking the cricket ground. TV worked well. Great breakfast and breakfast room. WiFi worked. No complaints!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank helene123Chicago

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My son and I stayed here in February 2012. We enjoyed our stay very much! Our room was very comfortable, clean and pleasant. Margaret and Brian James and their son, Andrew, were wonderful hosts. When I return to Salisbury, this is the only place that I will wish to stay. Our breakfasts were well prepared and delicious and served in a warm friendly atmosphere. A nearby bus stop can easily get one to the places in Salisbury that one wishes to visit.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Horsham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2012

lovely room with huge bathroom . Owners were friendly and welcoming, with useful local knowledge. Breakfast was very good, didnt feel too greasy! and professional young man serving. Scenic location.

1 Thank AndreaPhil
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I've just returned from a 2-day trip to Salisbury - glorious cathedral, Stonehenge, shops, museums, historic houses, great variety of restaurants, cafes, lots of walking etc. Can't recommend it enough! It's a lovely city - but think medieval town rather than modern city. This is, of course, nothing like Leeds or Manchester (much as I love them both), rather an historic settlement, rivers running through, lots of bridges and river walks - not a tower block in sight!

I've eaten very well - Indian and Thai for dinner, French bistro and Spanish tapas for lunch!! Diet resumes next week.

I did a Google search for a suitable hostelry and plumped for the Cricket Field House - it's an absolute delight. The proprietors are doing everything right here - spotlessly clean, well decorated and furnished, great breakfast, and very pleasing attention to detail.

Not the cheapest B&B I have ever tried but absolutely spot on in every way. The proprietress and her delightful son, Andrew, could not have been more pleasant, helpful and friendly. The guest house attracts folk from all over the world, of all ages - it was a very good experience all in all. I will stay again if ever I return to beautiful Salisbury.

Room Tip: I was in a garden room, ie door from the garden (beautiful) into the bedroom. It is not an enormous...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SukyH
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

Plus: Owners super friendly and helpful. Gentleman's local advice very helpful and appreciated. I had single room, small (and pink - we laughed about that) but clean and comfortable. Free wifi, signal a bit low but seemed to work well anyway (I spoke to him about this and they have all the gear, with extenders throughout the whole property). Cricket pitch next door so the only noise I got, and welcomed, was the sound of the game through my door when I purposely swung it open (road noise is not evident at all, as the rooms are behind this establishment, so no worries there). Although not 'large' like modern hotels, it completely outclassed them (I am in one tonight) for cleanliness, intimate knowledge and friendliness. Recommended.
Extras: Breakfast excellent. Much more than I could eat. This trip will turn me into an elephant!
Note: Checkout at 10am, not 11am as in many hotels. Also plenty of ways of getting into town with ease (bus every 15 mins). I visited hotels in town. All full and expensive in comparison. I was a Last Minute booking and got last room.
Serendipity: I arrived Sunday and armed with Gentleman's advice, drove short distance into city (free parking after 6pm). Strolled around the 'empty of people' olde city and had the outside of Salisbury Cathedral all to myself. Gobsmacked and surreal! Then dined at yummy Thai restaurant and headed back to the Net (Internet for the technophobes) and TV (small but adequate for size of single room). What more could a man want!?

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank WyseOwls
West Yorkshire, UK
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We booked late but were glad to find this gem, a professional & friendly Guest House, It is close to Salisbury & we walked there for an evening meal, guided by Brian who supplied a useful map too. The room was neat, tidy, quiet and well laid out & comfortable, breakfast was top class. Close enough to Stone Henge to get there in time to beat the crowds or make the most of your day in Salisbury, shopping or sight seeing. If you have time, the gardens are beautifully laid out & cared for.

1 Thank TheWeezle
Nr Bristol
Reviewed June 10, 2012

A most courteous and helpful greeting at Cricket Field House Reception set the scene for a brief one day visit to this most pleasant cathedral city.
Our room very comfortable and had a modern and spotless bathroom. We had a very good night's sleep.
A wide choice was offered on the Breakfast menu. It was served quickly and was delicious.
The politeness. attention to detail and high quality service which this family business offered provided all the ingredients for a very pleasant stay.

2 Thank 2weekenders