“Worth a visit”

Shah Jahan Indian Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 278 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are just off the city centre going towards the rail station. A family run restaurant going strong for the past 25 years, we provide you with authentic Indian cuisine to suite all budgets in a great atmosphere.
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Having read the reviews and being a stranger on a flying visit I popped in around 10pm with a craving for Chilli. I have to say it was a very good experience - very good food (Chicken Jeera Kashmiri) and very courteous service. The food came out promptly and in good portions. Having said the staff were great they we're let down just a little by their Manager (or possibly the owner) he greeted me at the door by looking at his watch causing me to wonder if I was welcome which was not the greatest start. I didn't allow this to spoil my experience as I didn't intend to linger but oh dear.... As I left the same gentleman was talking on his mobile and didn't even acknowledge my departure. Good service comes from the leaders and I'm afraid Sir you let your boys down - just saying, think Customer!

1  Thank Smudla

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Went back with my boyfriend, loved the new decor in the restaurant very posh.

Great location next to the train station. Staff very friendly and smartly dressed.

Quick service and very very tasty food. Loved the fresh chapatis.

The bill came to just over £30 with complimentary baileys.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We have been here loads of times but won't be going back so often as overnight, more or less, they have increased their prices making it far less attractive. Shame. The silver lining is the indian two doors up nearer the station is cheaper and food is now excellent . Who the Shah Jahan!

Shahjahansalisbury, Manager at Shah Jahan Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Thank you for your review , although i have to say we have not had a price rise in one and a half years now and before that about four to five years . In order to keep standards of service and freshness of food for the benefit of our customers,we have priced it accordingly and is not outrageously expensive for salisbury, we value our customers a great deal so your comments are noted but maybe not totally agreed with .

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Last Monday me and my family had some food from shah Japan. We surprised that how terrible are thy and food. Service wasn't good. When we want to pay money they give me some drinks as a complimentary. But asking for service charge how much we want give. I decided I'm not going anymore in their.

2  Thank Sam9207
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I ordered a take-away last night at 8.15pm and was told it would take 45 minutes, by 9.30pm I had rung 3 times. The receptionist had failed to listen to instructions, and I had to wait by the gate for 10 minutes in order to receive the delivery. They did not try to ring me. I ordered a Tandoori King Prawn Massala at £13.95 - I was unable to discern what I was eating it tasted of nothing much and the prawns were dried up. My partner ordered a medium chicken curry again, it was tasteless - both of them looked like they had been dyed in fluorescent orange and yellow dye. Total meal cost £28.00. Is it actually possible to get a good curry outside of London and other major cities - I wish!!! Plus the spinach sag aloo was dry not what I know a sag to be.

3  Thank Realistic1000