“Don't take away”

Ranked #189 of 271 Restaurants in Salisbury
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Don't take away”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The food left dirty brown grease marks on the paper aand plate, i think they must of been using old oil.

2 Thank janet g

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Not up to standards.”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I really enjoy fish and chips, and when you think of any food you always imagine what it should taste like and it definately wasnt what I expected. The food arrives quickly, BUT, the food is always luke warm as if its just been slightly heated after being sat out all day!

Definately dont plan on returning.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank AshleighH793
Bath, United Kingdom
“Worst chips EVER!”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Craving Fish and Chips on a road trip i called into Britz. Apparently according to their Window, they won 'Best fish and chips locally...in 2006' Hmm well a lot has gone very wrong since then!
It was not busy (around 6pm bank holiday Mon) 2 girls on, 1 rather sweet and friendly, but the one in charge was miserable with minimal customer service skills.
The Fish and Chips arrived quickly, my friend had chosen a corner table, several chips discarded by previous unhappy diners were under it! The Fish was luke warm, and the chips were barely warm, certainly not the golden chips of my imaginings! I took them back, 'Sulky girl' said they'd replace them. 1 minute later, same fish, slightly hotter..and crispier with dark batter, and still insipid anemic chips, most of which were undercooked. Only a few of the very small ones were just cooked. I ate one of these and a 1/4 of the fish, which was cooked well, although it had not been seasoned. Bread and butter is supposed to come with this meal, however, it wasn't offered. When Ii asked for it, i got a 'Oh do you want it?' response! We wished we hadn't bothered though, because despite being next to a Co-op the bread wasn't fresh, possibly had been frozen.
Anyway, my friend was starving so she ate the rest of the fish, and a few chips. The moody girl didn't come and ask us how things were, and when we left, wouldn't make eye contact with me, in the hope that i wouldn't engage with her. Which I didn't. Why? Because it wouldn't have made one iota of difference she and the 'chef' (LOL) clearly didn't give a toss about customer service or food quality. If this was my business I'd be having a serious word with those staff! i would never go here again, even if i was starving. Terrible.

• Visited April 2012