“Best independent coffee shop in town”
Review of The Dessert Shop - CLOSED

The Dessert Shop
Cuisines: French
Description: The business is now under new management
Description: The business is now under new management
Salisbury
“Best independent coffee shop in town”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

With so many coffee shop chains it is lovely to have an independent coffee shop of this quality in Salisbury. The cakes and pastries are fabulous, a great place for lunch or just a coffee. Remember it is closed on Monday.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank ArchdaleP
paullilly, Public Relations Manager at The Dessert Shop, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Many many thanks for your kind comments which I will pass on to Colin & Maggie

Salisbury, Uk
“The best!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Fantastic independent coffee shop and patisserie, and independent, which is rare in Salisbury. Colin, who owns the shop with his wife Maggie, makes the most incredible cakes and savouries, and all the food is delicious. Some examples are: macarons, espcially the mint ones (have often bought a box of 8 to take to friends instead of chocolates), homemade Rum Baba (delicious), anything I have ever tried on the lunch menu (big portions, beautifully presented and very tasty). Prices very good for the quality you get.

Saturday lunchtimes can get full so try to avoid 12-2, but otherwise there is usually space. Bear in mind it is closed on Mondays.

This little coffee shop is worth seeking out (it is in the centre of town, but can be missed unless you know where to look!). Walk along New Canal with M&S / Russell & Bromley / Waterstones etc on your left, it is on the other side of the road close to being opposite Waterstones (but not that far).

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank salisburyjane
Thanks for your great comments which I will pass on to Colin and Maggie. It is always difficult to compete with the large chains but we do try our best.
“Salisbury's finest!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I visited recently with high expectations, and I wasn't disappointed. A fantastic reputation which is well deserved. Amazing food and great service. A little gem!

1 Thank jostus
paullilly, Public Relations Manager at The Dessert Shop, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your brilliant comment which I shall pass on the Colin.We are hoping that 2013 will
a good year for the dessert shop.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Absolutely incredible”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have visited the shop on several occasions for lunch with my partner, a local head chef, and I must say the Salt beef sandwiches are to die for. The desserts are simply breath taking. Not just in appearance, but in taste too. The macceroons are amazing with a fabulous variety - passion fruit and chocolate, "rose" flavour, pear and apple and many more. However, recently it was my birthday and my partner, knowing The Dessert Shop is one of my favourites, ordered me a birthday cake from there. Upon speaking with the owner, he pitched a few ideas of my favourite things; and some how he managed to encorporate them all into one magnificent cake. He even created a new filling customised especially for me. The cake itself was made of thin layers of sponge, with a customised passion fruit mousse in the middle. The flavours were exceptional and the whole cake was just perfect. He even brought a sample of the cake to my partners work so he could taste test it before the end product was produced. Exceptional service, brilliant prices and out of this world desserts! We really cannot give enough praise. Thank you very much, we're your number one fans! :)

1 Thank SaffiyaB
paullilly, Public Relations Manager at The Dessert Shop, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Many thanks for your very kind comments. We are really glad that the cake was so well received. Being a small independent family run concern with Colin as owner/chef we can produce most things to suit our customer needs unlike the chains who will only produce what they want.
Pennard, United Kingdom
“Heavenly cakes!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

On the strength of Tripadvisor, we made a point of finding The Dessert Shop while visiting Salisbury last week. To say that my boyfriend has an obsession with desserts would be an understatement! Having found the shop, it took a while to select from the wonderful selection on offer. We bought a selection of pastries, cakes and macaroons (take out) which we ate al fresco by the Cathedral. All were absolutely superb. We have read that the chef here is no stranger to Michelin starts and this is certainly reflected in the quality.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank cargriff
paullilly, Manager at The Dessert Shop, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Really glad you found us and that you enjoyed your desserts and macaroons in the Cathedral grounds. You must have picked on of the few dry days that we had. Thanks for you comments and support