“So pleased”

The Boat House Cafe Bar
Ranked #143 of 269 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: Bar, British, European
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“So pleased”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We have lived in salisbury for over 20 years and the boat house has changed hands many times, their reputation terrible at times. We walked in on a Sunday to give it a go after new people took it over in April. We had the most amazing two course Sunday lunch with excellent friendly service throughout. Delicious whitebait and beef that melted in your mouth. Great value. We will be back.

Visited October 2013

• Czech first
“Surpassed our expectations!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We visited The Boathouse as we could use in on a Saturday night with our Tastecard.

We were more than pleasantly surprised, I visited the restaurant at 6pm with my husband and 7 year old son.

My husband had pate and I had scallops with pea purée and bacon, they were lovely but for four scallops and at £7.95, almost £2 a scallop seems pretty steep.

To follow I had duck which came with mash and loads of vegetables. The meals as lovely, my only slight criticism would be I asked for the duck to me served to be pink and it was slightly over. My his husband had a steak and ale pie which he said was delicious. The only problem would be the kids meals, they're pretty uninspiring, we had a list of four or five things which were only served with chips or new potatoes. My son had chicken goujons and chips which, without any vegetables or salad made a pretty beige plate of food. He enjoyed in nonetheless.

Finally, we had a blueberry cheesecake (which had more of a moose like consistency) and a lemon tart between us. Both were delicious.

The whole meal including two rounds of soft drinks came to just under £40. The service was attentive, the food hot and good and surpassed all expectations. We'll definitely be back!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Lucy J
London
“Great food and nice location”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We arrived in Salisbury in the rain and our Hosts at the Edwardian Lodge recommended this as a good place to eat. Upon arriving the restaurant was busy but we were seated immediately. The service was excellent the food was excellent and the food portions a good size for any appetite. The evening was a pleasant experience after wet journey. Would recommend if in the area.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Barry06
“Made an impression”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Good pub food, good service and reasonable prices for food and drinks. Nice location, lovely outside sitting area by the river for the sunny days. As I was expecting the average pub fare, it has made an impression.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Dom A
France
“Good riverside pub”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Good food good outside seating on the river but please please employ more staff to speed up the service, it's just that bit too s l o w .

• Visited June 2013