“A casual saturday”

London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A casual saturday”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was visiting Salisbury noe saturday and asked a local where i could grab a bite. They showed me to the Boathouse which is conveniently located within 10 mins from Salisbury Cathedral and city centre.

I loved the food and the laid back atmosphere. The waiters were extremely nice and the food took no time to come out of the kitchen.

I had a wonderful Moules Marinaires for starter, and sea food pasta for main course. I have to say the sea food was quite fresh, and I know my seafood.

Prices are very affordable, and I loved their 'Coffee+Cake' offer for only £3.95. Cake slices were quite big, too.

Definitely recommend for lunch/dinner.

1 Thank Olga L

• Czech first
Wiltshire
“Valentines”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Having gone around Salisbury to see what was on offer we decided on this resteraunt as we had been there when it was called the Avon.So we booked the Valentines Menu for the following Saturday the 16th.
Dutily we tuned up for eight and to our suprise there was only two people there, well thats allwe could see, anyway we were met at the door and shown to our table,the staff were very smart and very polite. The menu was a very good selection so we choose and it was faultless and of very high quality in my opinion,we ordered a bottle of wine each to last the evening and they were both under £14.00 and very good wines as well. As the evening progressed about six people where there with one other eating so being well attended was a bonus, all in all a very loveley evening was had be it one to many chasers!. We will definatalely return in the warmer months so we can enjoy the river flowing by while we are dinning.

1 Thank TravellingTrog
Salisbury, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shockingly badl , if you want to pay for bad service go here”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Service was awful, beers were ordered by us and taken to 2 children on another table, manager was laughing to bar colleague, did not even notice us looking at him in shock at his response, I ordered muscles and was given a knife and fork no spoon, after our initial greeting being down right poor and non interested! People had to ask for the sweet menu as was offered the bill 1st, after waiting for at least 15mins when finished mains, very non attentive and terrible lack of interest in customers! No atmosphere! And when food came looked awful, badly presented, no offer of condiments! No finger bowl, yet was wanting restaurant prices ! Will definately not go again and will not recommend to others!

“Best roast chicken I've ever tasted!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I've been here for Sunday lunch a few times now and have never left disappointed. The portions are huge (esp roast chicken) and the service excellent. Reasonably priced too. We'll be back!

Salisbury
“Valentines at The Boat House”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Having read the reviews on Tripadvisor for this restaurant, I'll be honest in saying that I wasn't expecting much. Having left it a touch too late to book dinner for my wife and I (on Valentines night no less) I couldn't be too choosey and booked us in. On arrival, it was quiet, we were the only guest there, but... The look of the place is very good; modern lines giving an airy and spacious feel and clearly a place to be in the summer months where you can imagine the large bay doors being opened out giving exceptional views over the river. We were greeted with a glass of Prosecco which we were left to enjoy whilst going over the menu. The food seemed very reasonable if not too adventurous or novel. I went for a chicken, bacon and port pate to start which had a deep and rich flavour alongside a smooth texture; too often coarse pate seems to be served elsewhere as an excuse to leave large parts of gristle to be caught in the teeth! My wife opted for the tempura prawns with a chilli jam; the jam just the right side of bite from the chilli and the prawns delivered in shells making it a starter one could really get hands on with. For mains, my wife had the lamb with an exceptional dauphinoise potato alongside braised root vegetables and a rosemary demi glace. The lamb itself was very well cooked, slightly pink and still tender with a really strong lamb flavour without the layer of fat often found. I played safe and went for the sirloin steak with chunky chips and sauted spinach. Perhaps a little too much pepper through the spinach and on the steak for my taste but certainly not overpower. Besides, the steak was also extermely well cooked; I like it rare, and came with a delightful whiskey and peppercorn sauce, the flavour of which took me right back to a Burns Night supper that I once attended in Edinburgh. To finish, we both opted for the tequila and lime cheesecake which looked fantastic on the plate and had contrasting tastes which set it apart from other cheesecakes we've had in the past. Topped with a layer of lime and tequila flavoured jelly, the filling was smooth, creamy and with hint of cheese atop a lovely, crunchy and sweet biscuit base. Throughout dinner, we were served well by a small but well appointed wine list providing well balanced tipples at a very reasonable price. All in, a fantastic surprise given some of the reviews seen on this site. Definatley worth another visit and one that I will look check back in with come the end of spring.

3 Thank YofSShaw