“Family Favourite”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Family Favourite”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

My family have been visiting this establishment for over 24 years. It was a regular lunch spot for my grandparents, and the scene of my parents first date. The same staff who served my parents then still serve today, and are as friendly as ever.

The restaurant is often not very busy. In fact, we were the only people there for lunch on this Easter Sunday. This is probably because there are a large number of other highly rated Indian restaurants on the same street with flashy signage and modern interiors. The Asia is rather dated in comparison, but please don't let that put you off. You notice there is a strange looking map on the ceiling and this is in fact supposed to be Bangladesh (the staff are indeed Bangladeshi as a previous reviewer stated), but is apparently oddly shaped due to the fact that by now it is rather ancient!

The food is as good as any other Indian I have tasted, and extremely good value. There is a quite hefty 15% discount if you order take-away. They have a very large selection to choose from and are happy to give recommendations. We were given a shot of Irish cream liquor and mint chocolates at the end of our meal.

I have never had a bad experience here and I hope that my family and its future generations continue to visit, it's only a shame they are overshadowed by other restaurants in the vicinity. The Asia is a real gem, so give it a shot if you're nearby.

• Visited April 2012

wiltshire
“up and coming”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Over the past year the food in the Asia has just got better and better. Often not very full but we fail to understand why. The hospitality is great and the food good. Worth giving a try this indian is not the modern flashy sort but is good value for the money.

• Visited December 2011
Worcester, United Kingdom
“ITS OK,THAT PLACE”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I was out on one of my curry trails the other night,this time popped up in Salisbury.I only do a report on this site if i think its worth mentioning be it either good or bad.Im very pleased to say that this was what i would call good.I only went because it was raining and it was the first indian i came to after having a pint in the slug.To be honest i was heading up Fisherton Street,to visit one of the other Indians which have excellent reviews on Trip.
Its a biggish place and more of the old style "indians" in decoration.I think the staff are Bangladeshi.The waiters were very pleasant and professional and when not serving were stripping tables of table cloths glasses and knives and forks even though they had not been used,something they do everyday they said.I must say it was very clean.
The meal was smack on,good starters with nice fresh salad,a madras that was just as it should be,fresh fluffy rice and large hot garlic nan breads.We also had the usual poppadums and dips,a bowl of chips,ice cream deserts and a bottle of house red.The bill came to about £40,i was well impressed with it all.
Its nothing special,but if you truly know your curry houses you will agree with me.Its the type of place i would go to mid week for a nice curry fix,but not for a special night out.

• Visited November 2011