“Lovely!”

Boston Tea Party Salisbury
Ranked #8 of 20 Coffee & Tea in Salisbury
Cuisines: American, British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Boston Tea Party is a small family owned independent café group serving simple well-prepared food & drinks made with great ingredients, skill and love. Ethically sourced, affordable, feel-good & excellent quality - made from scratch onsite everyday by people who care about what they do. BTP Salisbury opened in one of Salisbury’s most historic buildings, the Old George Inn which dates back to 1314. It would be hard to overstate the historical significance & pedigree of this Grade 1 listed building. William Shakespeare is believed to have performed one of his plays in its courtyard, Oliver Cromwell slept here on his way to join the army, Samuel Pepys wrote about the Inn in his diary after a stay & both H G Wells & Charles Dickens made mentioned of it in their writings.
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I went a couple of times there for breakfast as my hotel didn't offer any. I was smitten by the smiling and friendly service, the beautiful interiors and the pretty way my granola and fruit was arranged.

1  Thank faerie_queene87
There are newer reviews for Boston Tea Party Salisbury

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Having been to a few BTP establishments, I am well aware that it can depend upon the day you chose for a good or a below average coffee. The flat white in particular seems to be one of those drinks to judge all other coffee against (in my humble opinion)
So I was disappointed on my most recent visit that my flat white was mainly. .. well white!?
It was basically warm milk, with a hint of coffee.

The barista preparing the drink didn't seem to pay any attention to her pouring technique - even the most experienced baristas dont walk and pour hot milk!
Tsk tsk! I am disappointed.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I only popped in with not much time, to get a caramel shortbread which was written up on a board right in front of the till as 2.25 take out. When I was charged 2.50, the eat-in price on the board, I was told the price was wrong and suddenly they took away the board. The manager claimed she was unable to do anything about it at the till. That is illegal advertising. Then, when I actually got to eating my shortbread, the caramel had a burnt taste! I had no time to go back, but certainly won't be returning to that restaurant in a hurry.

1  Thank 177traveller177
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful Chai latte three days in a row . Lovely staff who are constantly friendly and chatty Great place to come solo and not feel you are taking up seating !!!Even in middle of the festival My parents live locally so very lucky to have BTP x

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Beware of this place - it entices you in via its beautiful character building experience, en route to the cathedral from the town centre - but once inside watch your health! A group of 7 of us visited Salisbury, and were shocked by the overall experience of this hell hole. Whilst inside we experienced lip stick on our cups, rubbish everywhere (one of our party was sat in some discarded chips). 2 of the cups we had were chipped, one with a crack from top to bottom. The toilets were reminiscent of a 2.30AM busy night club un-cleaned, un-loved and un-cared for. The staff who were more interested in there social affairs advised no cutlery except wooden teaspoons, no saucers yet the tea pot (which would look more at home with a plant in it as it was rusty metal) had a saucer as a lid (we couldn't work that one out) -Even the food was poor - toastie was served in what looked like a dog bowl, dry carrot cake, hard rich choc brownie, cold tea, cold hot chocolate AND no Complaints procedure!. My letter is in the post to Salisbury Town Council to appeal for a 1 star hygiene rating - My advice obvious, go to Burger King 25 yards away - At least you will save some money and not risk being poisoned!

4  Thank Cliveyboy1971