“Give this one a miss”
Review of Qudos

Qudos
Reserve with OpenTable
Qudos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 272 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A stylish and modern restaurant set in a refurbished Victorian hotel. Our meals, all homemade on site, are served with passion and flair, providing a unique dining experience for all of our guests in the Cathedral city of Salisbury. Well loved by all of our regulars and a pleasant surprise for visitors, do come and join us today!
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We saw the reviews for this place and thought we'd give it a try. The restaurant was freezing cold at the outset despite the radiators being on apparently, so we kept our coats on and shivered. Our shared starter, which we had as a main was good, but when it came to the desserts we were badly let down. My pancakes at £7.95 were badly burnt - I couldn't believe the chef would actually serve them in that state, they were inedible. I had asked that I didn't have any chocolate and the icecream was served with chocolate sauce and had to be redone. My husband asked for cheesecake but there was none left and he had the sticky toffee pudding instead and asked for custard. It was served with icecream and when he asked about the custard the waitress went to the kitchen but returned to say there was none - we reckon the chef couldn't be bothered to make any. It said on the menu there should have been dates in his pudding, but neither of us could find a trace of them. The waitresses were very pleasant and apologetic and knocked the price of the desserts off the bill. I won't be returning to this place there are far better restaurants in Salisbury.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We wanted somewhere not too expensive, quick and reliable for a quick bite out on our first evening in Salisbury - Qudos was only 5 mins away from our hotel. We each had a burger - mine the full beef with bacon and cheese, hers the spicy lamb. Both burgers were really good with excellent salad content and on a tasty chibatta bun rather than the typical flabby burger bun. Chunky chips were nice and tasty but I would have preferred then crisper and a bit more cooked through.

Service was quick and efficient, in & out in less than an hour which was how we wanted it.

Other items on the menu looked interesting especially their cook it yourself steak slates.

1  Thank PipPaul W
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Not eaten in Qudos since last summer and forgot how good it is. 3 of us had a brilliant meal, just loved the sizzling stones where we could cook our food as we wanted it - gave a new diversion to the whole experience. Great wine, great food and great service. Price is not cheap, however, it was worth it, will not leave it so long until our next visit.

1  Thank notjindivik
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I was visiting Salisbury for the festive season, I used trip advisor to find a good place to eat, this appealed to me due to the good reviews and home made burger menu. If you love your food this is the place to go.......I loved the home made chilli burger and wedge chips, the service was good and staff very friendly. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Sam8444
Reviewed January 2, 2013

By far the best small/medium sized venue for Live Music in Salisbury, I go there on a regular basis. The food is superb, I can recommend the 'Steak on a Stone'. They put your steak on a hot stone and bring it to your table still cooking so that you can enjoy it the way you want, great idea. The staff are extremely friendly, drinks prices I would say are higher than average but this is reflected in the great ambiance created.

1  Thank oldhammer1966