“Breakfast - Full English”

Cote Brasserie - Salisbury
Ranked #10 of 272 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites on our a la carte menu such as steak frites, moules marinieres, corn-fed chicken from rural Brittany and tuna Nicoise, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. Seasonality and Cote's commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients results in a monthly changing specials menu, ensuring there is always something new to delight regular guests and gastronomes alike, as well as the excellent value set menu. Open early every day for breakfast, through to lunch and dinner; Cote's atmosphere is informal and friendly
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The best Full English Breakfast in Salisbury!
Super service and the foods was excellent
Lovely setting
Just lovely

1  Thank sue B

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We've needed a restaurant like Cote for a long time, classic dishes well cooked, in a pleasant but sophisticated atmosphere. The staff are always more than happy to help.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife and I visited this branch of Cote "Brasserie" early on a Saturday evening in June. Despite having booked in advance, we had to wait a considerable time to be seated; there is no waiting area, so we had to stand in the small area between door and till and dodge the waiters passing to and fro. We were eventually seated by a waiter who took our order. However, shortly afterwards a larger party arrived and were seated next to us, and our waiter promptly went over to serve them and ignored us for the rest of the evening, leaving us to grab the attention of a number of other waiting staff.
My wife had ordered the Fish Parmentier, and was told that it would take at least ten minutes extra to cook. Fair enough, but why I was served almost immediately with my choice, the "poulet breton", leaving us to basically eat our meals separately? The suspiciously fast speed with which my main came combined with the fact that it was dry and overcooked with non-crispy skin leads me to believe that it had been cooked previously and re-heated. The desserts are unremarkable, and portion sizes small. We had to ask at least twice for some tap water.
All in all a very disappointing experience, and in my view very expensive for what it is. I should have complained and asked for "discretionary optional gratuity of 12.5%" to be removed (how can it be discretionary and optional if it is automatically added on?), and were I to ever visit again I would. However, it is highly unlikely that we will return; certainly not in the evening.
The nearby recently opened Cafe Rouge will hopefully provide the competition needed to raise the level of service and value that is patently currently lacking at Cote Brasserie Salisbury.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I often eat in this restaurant during shopping trips to Salisbury. The lunch menu is very good value and the food and service are always good. I'm not sure I would choose to eat here for a special evening occasion as it has a rather cafe type atmosphere, but would certainly recommend it otherwise.

I still feel it is a shame they automatically add a service charge as I prefer to tip the amount I feel the service deserves, higher or lower - the customer should decide.

1  Thank melbermar
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Had an early dinner here on our first night in Salisbury. Service was prompt and pleasant, and the food was delicious. Perfectly cooked roast chicken for me, and a chicken breast with yummy sauce for my husband. One of the best meals we had during a two-week stay in England. Great location in a quiet corner of downtown Salisbury, right next to St. Thomas's church.