“An English Brasserie”

Cote Brasserie - Salisbury
Ranked #10 of 269 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: French, European, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites on our a la carte menu such as steak frites, moules marinieres, corn-fed chicken from rural Brittany and tuna Nicoise, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. Seasonality and Cote's commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients results in a monthly changing specials menu, ensuring there is always something new to delight regular guests and gastronomes alike, as well as the excellent value set menu. Open early every day for breakfast, through to lunch and dinner; Cote's atmosphere is informal and friendly
Hampshire
“An English Brasserie”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I've been to this busy, faux-French bistro-style restaurant several times - it's very central in Salisbury and convenient for the theatre and other venues. You get welcomed effusively at the door, but after that the service isn't quick - this time we waited 25 minutes before being able to order, being regaled only with what they smugly call "complimentary water". The service, when it comes, is efficient (as is the rest of the place) but the staff seem to have a curious "care-home" style of addressing you - as if you were about to be reminded to take your medication. Having said all that: the food is very good and well presented (that is, after all, why one goes to a restaurant). Return visits reveal that the menu changes little, and there are no chalkboard specials, but this is OK for a chain. Prices are sensible, as is the wine list (mostly French). One last word of warning: the gents' toilet is a very long trek through winding corridors, a challenge for the easily disoriented or those in urgent need.

• Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“COMFORT EVENING”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Having reviewed this restaurant before, I felt I had to update my opinion. We had had an extremely busy 2 days and just needed some food. We were welcomed and seated by the duty manager, Jennie, and given a great service. The food was superb and our waiter on the evening, Will, was a pleasant chap with a lovely sense of humour and he was very attentive.
Apart from a few extras, our meal was from the early evening menu which is excellent value for such nice food. The creme caramel was delicious, best i've ever had, and I could have eaten another, even though I was very satisfied, because it was so moreish.
I think this restaurant had some teething problems at the start but it I can't criticise it at all now.
My compliments to all the staff including Matt, who has served us previously.

• Visited May 2013
Brum
“Food excellent, usually good service below par”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Wonderful food, perfectly cooked, lovely fresh fish on the menu.

However, normally excellent service was a bit of a disappointment today...when told the asparagus was off the menu, I didn't hesitate or need to review the menu to order my second choice and was informed by the waiter 'that's the better choice anyway'...well, that may well be the case for the waiter, but I had been keen to have seasonal food. No biggie really.

Secondly, I get a little irked when the assumption is made that any male in the party is picking up the tab. I didn't mind so much that my husband was asked to sample the wine (sometimes a sign of an assumption on the part of the waiter) but it might have been a question put to the table, rather than an assumption. Worse, when bringing the chip and pin reader at the end of our meal, the waiter sort of waved it around....and when I took out my card and put it into the machine, he proceeded to then ask 'who the brains of the operation was' for the PIN number. He looked towards my husband as though little wifey was incapable of making menu choices, earning my own dough, or perhaps remembering my 4 digit pin.....erm... excuse me, sonny, but its my card, my PIN number and my money. You might get a better tip next time if you remember not to insult paying customers.

Visited May 2013
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Great food!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Very nice menu, great food and service. Location is a plus too. I've had a lunch here on my trip to Salisbury, picked the place just randomly. I can recommend it to everyone, only one thing I did not like is the service charge included with the bill. I do not agree with the principle of mandatory tipping :-)

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank HoZso
“Celebrating an engagement”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Great food, always reliable. the service was very good and in general great value for money. Although the menu never changes very much we always get good quality food and you know what to expect. The restaurant was quite full and offered a good atmosphere. Bit of a hike to the loos though!!

Visited April 2013