“Don't waste your time and money!”

Cote Brasserie - Salisbury
Ranked #10 of 276 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites on our a la carte menu such as steak frites, moules marinieres, corn-fed chicken from rural Brittany and tuna Nicoise, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. Seasonality and Cote's commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients results in a monthly changing specials menu, ensuring there is always something new to delight regular guests and gastronomes alike, as well as the excellent value set menu. Open early every day for breakfast, through to lunch and dinner; Cote's atmosphere is informal and friendly
Reviewed March 3, 2013

When shopping in Salisbury, my wife and I needed to get some lunch so we went to Cote. Even though this was mid-week, there was a 30-minute wait and we assumed this was a good sign but how wrong we were! When our table was ready we were shown into the back diing room and was sat in a corner at the far end. The place was noisey with chatter from patrons but was made worse by out table being almost adjacent to the room where all the dishwashing was done that was separate from the kitchen. There is no door on this area so all the noise from plates being cleared & washed travels throughout this entire dining area. The waiting staff make no attempt to clear plates quietly and while we were dining we was forks dropped en-route to this area and simply kicked into the room rather than being picked up. We saw a glass get dropped & broken - the waiter cut his finger but didn't put a dressing on it. We could not have much of a converation over lunch because of the clatter coming from the dish washing area. Unfortunately the food did not make up for this poor dining experience either. My wife ordered grilled sea bass and I ordered fish stew. The sea bass was a tiny portion on a bed of fennel that was swimming in a sea of cream sauce but no other vegetable. My fish stew had 4 prawns, 4 clam shells (strangely no sign of clams though), muscles and a small piece of sea bass. It was supposed to be served with freshly baked french bread but the kitchen could not manage to coincide the cooking of fish stew and bread so the bread arrived after I had finished the fish stew. The fish stew tasted OK but was a meagre portion given the £13.95 price tag. My wife drank one cup of tea and I had the free filtered water and still the bill came to £33. Most certainly not worth waiting 30-minutes for and not good value-for-money.

1  Thank ChallengerSRT8
Write a ReviewReviews (1,274)

Reviewed March 2, 2013

stopped bye after reading some ok reveiws, i would say impressed the place was nice with friendly stff but the food was average and not really french, i will be back though

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is a new chain which is springing up in the UK and the menu is on the whole sufficiently varied to attract even the fussiest diner. My husband had steak tartare which I tried a little of - it was excellent, as was my duck liver parfait. Our main courses were also very tasy - I had a vegetarian risotto and he had steak. Service was good and efficient. Tables a little small, but to be expected. And all reasonably priced.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had a lovely coffee mid morning and liked it so much we came back for lunch.

Craig is exceptional, we very much appreciated the above average service - he really went out of his way. He stands out as far and away better than the usual half-hearted waiters and this, in itself made our visit even better.

The food, as it always is at Cote Brasserie, was not only delicious but unbeatable value at just £100 for two courses.

I like the Cote Brasserie brand so much, I feel I am destined to try every one in the country!

So, I throughly recommend a visit and you will be hooked. In essence, great on every possible level.

1  Thank oscarposh
Reviewed February 25, 2013

this was very enjoyable,the staff were very friendly and nothing was too much bother.the food (mussels and frites) and smoked fish starter were so tasty ,the portions were spot on too. the menu was varied for two courses for a tenner. i would go back .