“Only a restaurant visit but good experience”

The Cathedral Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #183 of 271 Restaurants in Salisbury
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of the Salisbury, just a short walk from The Cathedral, shops, restaurants and Theatres. We offer free WIFI throughout and some great meal deals. The bar and restaurant area are of a contemporary style with a traditional feel. We want you to enjoy a relaxed friendly experience while you eat some great freshly made dishes. Our aim is to offer service that is second to none, while offering great choice and value. We also have a great outside dining and drinking area.
Reviewed January 8, 2013

In Salisbury for the day and found this place, several offers attracted us eg: coffee and muffins or cake, main meal discounts for seniors. Very good service given by 'The boss' and Ashley, friendly and quick. I had ham egg & chips, wiltshire ham was lovely, 2 eggs and good chips, good portions and hot. Would definately re visit.

1  Thank Bonyrita
CathedralHotel, Owner at The Cathedral Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear customer

Thank you for visiting us during your day in Salisbury. I am delighted you enjoyed your lunch and the service you received at The Cathedral Hotel. We have done a lot of work over the past few months on our menu with regards the service standards we offer and the consistency in the quality of food we offer to our customers. You also mentioned that your food came out very promptly which is another area we have being working on. We have just had an EHO visit that measures the processes and procedures followed in the food preparation, storage and service which we scored the highest score possible. I hope all of this, along with your review and the recent reviews, is evidence that the hard work we and our team have put in is coming to fruition. I will ensure Ashley knows he got a special mention from you. It is a great incentive to our team when they get a personal mention as part of the review process.

There are newer reviews for The Cathedral Hotel Restaurant

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I had a really good experience here on two separate occasions. I took some friends there for lunch one afternoon in October 2012 the food was really nice i would recommend the brocoli and stilton soup and the lamb shanks to anyone it was very tasty and inexpensive, the staff were friendly and very attentive and the atmospher was cosy and comfortable.
I returned on 21st December 2012 with 10 collegues for our office christmas lunch we were greeted with a friendly warm welcome by the charming young manager and shown to our table. The restaurant was fully booked with other firms christmas lunches, our food was delish i had the traditional roast turkey with all the trimmings and despite the restaurant being as busy as it was we were attended to at all times by the friendly and efficient staff. After the meal was over we moved to the bar area where we sat on the comfy couches, chatted and stayed for 4 hours. It was just so comfortable and pleasant we didnt want to leave.

1  Thank sarumoffice

Dear Customer

Thank you for the great review of your visit to our bar and restaurant. I will pass your comments onto our team. I am really happy that your Christmas party went well. It sounds like you had a great afternoon. We look forward to looking after you on your next visit.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This place certainly doesn't deserve a scathing review, just an average one. The food wont blow you away but it is pretty inexpensive and so is therefore reasonably priced. A good place to pop in for a cheap lunch if you want to avoid one of the chain pubs (Whetherspoons, Slugs...) and the customers that frequent them!

Positive points include a large secluded garden/smoking area to the back. The latest owners/management have clearly made some improvements to this venue, and it is much better kept and cleaner than in the past so props to them for that.

Dear Customer

Thank you for taking the time to write an honest and balanced review of your visit to our bar and restaurant. I see you visited in October and entered your review in January. Over the past few months we have changed our menu, done a lot of work with our team on customer service and table service. Since the Christmas rush is now over we are trying very hard to wow our customers with great service and food quality. We have also made some changes to our procedures to deliver food in a more timely manner for lunchtime customers. Although it seems you had an o.k. experience, I hope you revisit and give us the oportunity to give you a better dining experience.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

stopped by for a drink, 4 of us, it took three staff 20 minutes to deliver 4 drinks in three stages...... after taking the money and the order, it was, sorry no peppermint tea, sorry no decaf....... where in the world is a regular tea more expensive that a coffee? prices on the til are different to the menu and that is the customers fault! So glad we did not choose this place as a hotel to stay at overnight.

CathedralHotel, Owner at The Cathedral Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Dear Visitor

I am sorry you had a bad expereience with us. I have no explanation as to why you received the level of service that you listed. I can confirm the issues you mentioned have been fully rectified. I hope potential visitors read this review in balance with other reviews posted and see that the service you received goes against everything we stand for. We changed our prices and there was a technical issue with regards the prices being different to the menu. You paid the cheaper price as this was the one on the till. The coffee was cheaper because you had a pot of tea not a cup and you were charged the correct price for the tea but the cheaper price for the coffee. I hope your experience with us did not stop you fully enjoying the great city of Salisbury.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Having booked a Christmas lunch my partner and I arrived and were shown to our table with a warm welcome. The hotel diningroom was very busy and had a great atmosphere. After ordering our drinks our meal quickly followed it was very hot and had a lovely variety of roast potatoes and vegetables with all the trimmings. The slices of turkey were tender and very moist. The gravy was served in a seperate gravy boat which was a nice touch. After a welcome pause our Christmas pudding with custard arrived and was both rich and light - just like my granny used to make. By now were almost full but we both managed a homemade mince pie with our black coffee. This was a really lovely Christmas lunch and also amazing value. The manager, Tony, circulated round all the table and we had a very pleasant chat and expressed our thanks for lovely start to the festive season.

Dear Visitor

Thank you for taking the time to enter a review of your visit to our restaurant. I am very happy we got your Christmas off to such a great start. We are very grateful for the great review of your overall experience and the quality of the food. We look forward to looking after you on your next visit.