“Book ahead for Sunday lunch!”
Review of The Silver Plough

The Silver Plough
Ranked #32 of 279 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Silver Plough is a traditional country pub set in a village just outside of Salisbury, we have a wide variety of seasonal homecooked food, selection of Badger Ales, friendly staff and overall welcoming atmosphere.
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My boyfriend and I walked here from Salisbury the other Sunday along the Clarendon Way so by the time we got here we were hungry. I had a very nice meal which roast beef with roast potatoes and a Yorkshire pudding. They were keen to serve us quickly and this in turn meant we were up and out and they could get another cover on the table.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Went for Sunday lunch, very disappointed. Two very thin slices of cremated lamb, a small portion of over cooked veg and three potatoes for nearly £13. Desserts bland. We will not be back and I would not recommend this place to anyone!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Went here for lunch on a rainy Monday with a friend. The welcome from Sue and Stephen was very warm and genuine. My friend had a ploughman's, which was very generous, big chunk of good quality cheddar, big chunk of fresh and warm bread, plus the usual bits and pieces. I had the king prawns in garlic butter with focaccia, which was, on first sight, fairly small (although it was a starter), but the flavour was gorgeous and it was plenty big enough. I didn't bring my dog this time, but he's always very welcome too (in the back bar). Highly recommended!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

The building and interior is homely and comfortable and my 12 year old loved it on first sight. No matter the weather it has a roaring fire. Steak and ale and mushroom pie is brilliant, special Sunday lunch roast pork also FAB, the bartenders are friendly, service is speedy, drinks selection also good. Skittle Alley great fun. Don't miss this, go again, great for families. My daughter's favourite pub!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Joined some friends for sunday lunch. Very friendly staff and a nice ambiance.
Unfortunately the roast lamb dinner was very small. £13.95 for 3 small pieces of fatty lamb, 5 small roast potatoes and small amount of veg, which I could not identify. A bit disappointing.

1  Thank Sven606