“Signs claiming best Sunday dinner in town!”
Review of The Lazy Cow Restaurant - CLOSED

The Lazy Cow Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

We are in the area in our caravan, on the drive into town to grab last min bits we had forgotten we spotted signs claiming best Sunday lunch in town. We had to find out! The place look fantastic! Fitting n fixtures looked good quality staff well dressed and nice and friendly. I like the fact there is a meat ageing fridge on show. I'd say this is one of the best steak houses around! The food was fantastic, nice to see they catered well for kids. You must go in and try this place good range of food to suit taste and budget! Thanks guys!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

My first time in this restaurant / bar. It had been reccommended by friends and we popped in for a few drinks before moving on to a restaurant elsewhere in Salisbury (see my review Charter 1227).
Friendly staff keen to help although a bit pretentious. No No No. The real point of this review is to highlight the riduculaous size of the margarita glasses. For £7.00 plus, I did feel a bit short changed! See photo.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

As a party of 4, we visited the Lazy Cow for my birthday last Friday. We arrived half an hour early and our table was ready so we sat there as opposed to the bar (where we thought the music was a little too loud) and ordereed drinks. The worse part of the evening was the wait for the drinks, they took nearly half an hour and we had to ask the waitress to find them. Within our group we had ordered two glasses of prosecco, they have a Friday night deal where house bottles of prosecco or champagne are halfprice before 7pm, we placed our order at 6.50pm so it would have been nice if the waitress has told us about this. We read the sign for ourselves before the drinks arrived and got the glasses swopped for a bottle (well worth doing - two glasses would have been £10, the half price bottle was £11.50!). The food, particularly the starters, were delicious. I can see what they are trying to do with the 'shot' desserts but it doesn't really work, some of them didn't taste that nice. Overall we had a very pleasant evening and I would return but something was lacking, maybe it was just the slow service at the start, but the 'wow' factor was missing.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

After a stressful couple of weeks I wanted to take my 16 and 18 year old out for a slap up lunch. When I made the booking I was not told the menu on Sunday was different and limited. There was not one vegetarian option for my daughter. The starters were poor and our drinks did not arrive until I had to ask for them after we had finished. Two mains were good but small portions. By this stage I had asked four times for water. I would not have minded paying the prices had it been worth it but it wasn't. We live locally. Will not be recommended

2  Thank William W
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Myself and two colleagues visited here following a loooong day at work, looking forward to a large steak. Well, the steak selection was quite extensive, but also quite pricy. No doubt the beef was of the highest quality, but at those prices - no thanks.

In the end we all chose from the 'main' menu, which included beef stew, tuna, beefburger and the suchlike.

The wait for our food was lengthy, and when the first two courses arrived the waiter had to be reminded about the third. Not very good, especially if we had chosen a more expensive selection of meals.

Overall not a good experience, and we will not be revisiting.

1  Thank Leg2ion