“Great Place!”
Review of Mompesson House

Mompesson House
Ranked #5 of 77 things to do in Salisbury
Reviewed May 30, 2013

A great house to visit. Beautiful gardens and loved seeing where Pride and Prejudice was filmed! So much to see in the area as well.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had a lovely lunch time today in the tea room at Mompesson house. Looking out from the dry, over the perfect rain soaked garden, I had the almond slice which was excellent. And of course the house..................small scale and very evocative of the Victorian era. Some staff were enthusiastic about the things that were in their rooms and they really brought them to life.

1  Thank Eastendgirltoni
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

As national trust members, entry was free to us. Another good reason to join. It is a lovely house and there are very helpful volunteers in all of the rooms to point out interesting things about the rooms that are not immediately obvious. It is a small house on national trust standards but well worth a visit. The gardens are pretty and visitors could enjoy a game of croquet on the lawn or simply have a very pleasant afternoon tea with the obligatory piece of cake. Can recommend the coconut and lime. My partner was very impressed with the fact that there is a clock there and we have the same one at home. A wedding present to his great grandparents! A very pleasant way to spend an afternoon.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Interesting house with helpful guides to tell you about it. Wonderful collection of old glasses. Small walled garden and a good cup of coffee.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I don't know what I expected but I didn't expect what I got. Staff in the rooms not very helpful and in fact the one in the library was more interested in reading her book then talking to us.
If you want to visit a house and don't expect to see much then this is the place for you
Oh did I mention that it costs you more to enter if you want to leave a gift aid!!!
£5.50 entry of gift aid £6.20 not sure where hat came form
The most disappointing NT premises I've ever been to
Sorry I don't like leaving negative feedback but I just can't help it of this place....

3  Thank Henth1