“Fantastic place to eat”

Ranked #16 of 271 Restaurants in Salisbury
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Went for lunch on 3 August, we have never visited before. Both had fish and chips, very impressive, would definitely eat here again.

There are newer reviews for The Cloisters

Reviewed July 29, 2013

it was brilliant, even though we were the last ones to eat the veg were great not over cooked, & no rings where the gravy had evaporated, we had the beef & it was really tasty, a lovely bottle of argentinian malbec helped to add to the experience, all staff really frendly, alltogether a very good experience. Thankyou!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We took a group of 38 to have a true pub experience. The Cloisters is a 14th century pub that is still pleasing its patrons today!! Hearty, good meals. I had the hamburger and fries, and it was superb!! I heard raves about the food, but particularly the Bread pudding and the Sparkling Apple Cider. I had the brownie, and it was "brilliant". Even though we had a group, it appeared to be pleasant for an intimate date as well. The service was excellent, and the food was served with happy faces!! We had our group order prior to going and they had our food ready when we got there.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We brought a group of 39 to The Cloisters and the staff was wonderful and the service was great. BUT the sticky toffee pudding was, without a doubt, undeniably, the absolute best I have ever had! Everyone who ordered it was melting with delight! This pub has a great history and ambience along with a great food. You must not pass through Salisbury without trying the toffee pudding - or your trip is not complete!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Arrived into Salisbury on Wednesday 10th July, staying just 5 minutes walk up the road from the Cloisters. It was recommended by our B&B, Spire House. I had a very large and filling Lamb Shank. I was going to have Bread & Butter Pudding but was so full after the lamb I couldn't fit it in. The staff were wonderful and attentive. While looking around the Cloisters, I ran across a wonderful couple and had a chat with them. Turns out David was the owner, and based on his friendliness and willing to talk, and his description of the Bread & Butter Pudding (with chocolate bits) I had to return today before leaving Salisbury to sample this wonderful dessert.

Couldn't want a better place to meet wonderful people and have a great meal.and a relaxing atmosphere.