“Warm Fire and Good Food”
Review of The Cloisters

The Cloisters
Ranked #17 of 272 Restaurants in Salisbury
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2013

If your preference is Steak and friendly staff this is worth a look. Although other meals are available the Steak is generous well cooked and well presented. Would go again!

There are newer reviews for The Cloisters

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Arrived in Salisbury looking for a lunchtime meal.
Tried this pub because it looked inviting from exterior.
Got a friendly welcome.
I ordered the chicken supreme and my daughter a rib eye steak.
Quality of the food far exceeded my expectations.
Pub itself had a nice warm atmosphere on a bitterly cold day.
A rare treat these days, wish we had somewhere like this local to us.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed my Sunday carvery! Lovely warm atmosphere and friendly staff! Will visit again for sure!!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We came to The Cloisters by mistake, very very glad we did. I have been to many pubs in my time and also eaten at these places but never have I experienced what I did here. Was a very busy night so first thoughts were worrying. But even though they were busy we still had wonderful table service. The staff very friendly new the city and the place well. also they all seemed to enjoy working their very much. The beer was very well kept and also something else the staff new their stuff about. (Gotta love the Doom Bar.) also had a guiness which is one of the best I have tasted. We ordered two steaks both exceptionally cooked to exactly how we asked. I have been to top steak houses and never had them cooked how I wanted. The portion size great for price will not go away hungry. If you have a sweet tooth which I do have, you have got to try a homemade pudding, the sticky toffee pudding is beautiful.

All in all one of the best pubs I have eaten in, great people, great beer even better food. This is a must if in Salisbury I total Must.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

we saw that music was on at the pub on a sunday from 5pm to 7pm. this was exactly right. we had a good table , not too far from the fire. local talent was show cased, well run and of a high standard.
we ordered food which was very good. roast chicken on mash, with a lovely mushroom sauce.my partner had a steak pie which was tasty too. xtra chips yummy, & hot