“Comfortable hotel”

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Salisbury
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Comfortable hotel”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Hotels has received a few facial alterations since i last visited and still remains a comfortable & friendly hotel.The rooms are spacious and clean but corridor room doors are very noisy due to early leavers. It appears you have to slam doors to close them.
I always enjoy the cooked breakfast here, and have always been welcolmed by the same lady in the breakfast room for around the last 4years who always has a smile for you. Unfortunatly i cannot remember her name, but she is a credit to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
AmandaGuest, Manager at Milford Hall Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments about Milford Hall Hotel. I am pleased you enjoy our breakfast offerings! The lady in question is called Patti, who is thrilled with your nice comments.

We look forward to welcoming back to Milford Hall Hotel on another occasion.

Kind Regards & Best Wishes

Amanda L Guest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Dinner Night

Everything from start to finish was fantastic. Even when we had a menu change on the night, the staff were more than accommodating. A great location with wonderful staff.

It made our evening fantastic.

Thank you very much for a great night!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
AmandaGuest, Manager at Milford Hall Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
We are so pleased you enjoyed your evening, so thank you for taking the time to share your kind words through Tripasvisor.

We very much look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. Due me arriving in the early hours I had arranged for late checkout upon arrival (1am) the staff member was polite and friendly. My room very comfortable and clean. I dragged myself from the comfy bed to get breakfast, which was very nice indeed. Again all staff very polite and nice to see a mixture of young and older staff. I went back to bed and didn't get disturbed at all. All I can say is thank you.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your lovely comments about Milford Hall Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

London
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Our stay at the Milford Hall was for the first of two ladies festivals we attended, and were not disappointed.

As is often the case, our group took over a large portion of the hotel. The staff were really attentive, and friendly. On arrival, we checked in and our bags were taken to our room for us. Surprisingly, I did not need to give a credit card on arrival.

When we did arrive, we were running rather late, so had to make a quick change of attire before getting to the venue for the evening meal, so were not as relaxed on arriving, but the welcome from the staff on reception quickly had me stepping off the gas and getting ready for a fun weekend.

As it was the last Friday in the month, they had cocktails on BOGOF, so the evening started on them, and went on from there! the food on the Friday evening was most enjoyable - the only downside was they ran out of one of the desert options, and they served the top table last - so we were not able to have the choice we wanted. What we did have was delicious though!

All in all, a good venue, and I would certainly return here (especially on the last Friday of the month!) There were a few oddities though - The service, whilst good overall, did have a couple of hiccups that could have been avoided quite easily. Also, the cocktails were made by a chap at the opposite end of the room to the barman, so you had to order at one end of the room, then cross to the room to get your drinks made, then most likely cross back to get to a seat - would have been better not to have the separate location. Only small points, but were noticeable. As I say, I would head back there, and I have them on "the list" for my ladies night!

I have no idea if they have a fitness centre/pool - the bar was found, and well sampled though! Prices were reasonable for a hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write such a superb review on the hotel, we much appreciate all feedback. Rest assured your comments have been communicated to all the team.

With reference to the Cocktail Night, we took you comments on board and relocated the Cocktails and Bar to be all in one place last Friday - so thank you.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Bordon, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night from Good Friday until Saturday. On arrival we were greeted by the staff outside reception as we rode there on a Hartley Davidson bike. The staff were so helpful and friendly but professional too, just perfect. We went to our room which was spacious and spotless. Watched TV for a while and logged on to the wifi, which was easy, as I had to check on my daughter who had just moved abroad and was rushed into hospital with bronchitis, so the wifi was access was important to me. Then we took a slow walk into Salisbury along the banks of the river, looked around the cathedral and other historic buildings and walked back to the hotel. We decided to eat in the restaurant and went to the bar for a drink first. The food was amazing. I had calamari for starters and my partner had baked camembert. Both were delicious, cooked to perfection. We both had the 10oz rib eye steak with the additional option of surf and turf. That too was delicious. When I couldn't eat all the steak I asked for it to be made into a steak sandwich which they brought up to our room. We asked to have breakfast brought up to our room. I cannot fault this hotel at all. Everything was wonderful.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a good review on Milford Hall Hotel and Salisbury Seafood & Steak House.

I was pleased to read that your dining experience was pleasurable and that you enjoyed our offerings. Your comments have been passed on to both the Kitchen and Restaurant as well as the rest of the team throughout the hotel.

We very much hope to welcome you once again on another occasion!

Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This should be number #1 for hotels in Salisbury (bear in mind that the number 1 listed for Salisbury is not even in Salisbury and a 10-15min drive away in Wilton which is a lovely town…it's just not Salisbury and during peak hours traffic can be a bit of a nuisance).

There is only one other hotel in Salisbury that may be able to compete with Milford Hall, potentially two places actually, but I haven't had the opportunity to check things out in depth. I keep returning here because it is very comfortable.

I have stayed several times and each visit has been consistently good with wonderful service, comfy bed and the food is a bonus. Breakfast could be considered mediocre by some (omelettes need a bit of improving and a bit too much vinegar for my taste in the poached eggs, only at times), so there's room for improvement, but it's plentiful and can satisfy most. Everything I've tried on the dinner menu is great and very well presented; good steaks cooked to order too.

Highly recommended for those travelling by car as they offer free parking, but the car park does fill up during peak times so be sure you have a backup plan (especially if they are hosting a party/conference etc.) Ask at reception and they'll not only satisfy your enquiries, but they'll do it with a genuine smile!

There are more central hotels to choose from, but they just don't offer the peaceful facilities that Milford Hall does, nor the service - this is a 10min walk to the market square and another 10-15 mins to the Cathedral of course depending on your pace. Very central in my book anyway and when in doubt… take a taxi. 5 pounds will pretty much get you anywhere within the main city limits.

Unsure about wi-fi throughout the entire hotel…have had good access in some rooms, others not, but it wasn't much of an issue. Lovely local photography lines the halls/rooms - shame they don't sell smaller prints or postcards of some of the images ;-)

Thanks for consistently wonderful service throughout the winter of 2013/2014. I'm sure I'll be back myself, but will keep recommending you as THE place to stay in Salisbury… as another reviewer said, someone in charge is doing something right here! 5 stars from me because you consistently exceed expectation and rise above so many other 4 stars I've stayed in.

Room Tip: I didn't make a note of my room numbers, sorry. They do vary a bit, but are mostly the same (so...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AlternativEnglish
WOW - How nice!!!!!!
Thank you for your great review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
We now just need a little on the outside.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Recent long haul holiday with friends Dubai - London drive up to Scotland had us stager into Salisbury looking for somewhere to stay. Early evening after trying at a couple of places and looking at facility conditions had us coming away not sure what we would do for accommodation.. Happened to stumble over Milford Hall Hotel. "WHAT A GEM". Tired, Exhausted, Frustrated, and some washing that hadn't been done since leaving Dubai. Could not find a Laundry mat anywhere in or through London.
Had stayed in Hotel in Kensington London with more staff than you could imagine and could not even help with making Phone call instructions to our travel agent to extend our booking a day or two as our travel friends became sick on day trip to Paris and ended up in hospital in France.
The staff at Milford Hall Hotel were absolutely fantastic and we as a group of Aussie Travels can not speak highly enough of the service and help provided.

The laundry that we had not been able to do was done for us even at the late hour we had arrived. The staff at Milford Hall Hotel did not have to do this, but they offered and provided this for us and had these cloths presented to us ready for us to pack and leave the next morning.

Meals and Breakfast was very good. Nothing seemed to be too much of an effort for the staff to do for you, or to help you with.

The night staff were a pleasure and comforting to meet after a long mixed day.
The pleasurable experience continued with our interaction next morning with the day staff.

Certainly the service culture of Milford Hall Hotel staff appears something that they all personally take great pride and enjoyment in.

Would we go out of my way to stay there again? A big "YES".

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Philip P
Thank you for taking the time to write such a superb review on the hotel, we much appreciate all feedback but yours is extra special. Rest assured your comments have been passed on to the whole team!!

We hope to see you again on your next travels!