“Excellent Week-end”

Milford Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed March 11, 2014

A group of friends and I spent a most enjoyable week-end at Milford Hall. The staff were most welcoming and helpful, the rooms clean and bright, the food plentiful and tasty. The hotel is located within a few minutes walk of the city centre and has ample parking for guests.

Room Tip: Suggest a room on an upper floor just in case there are families with young children also staying.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
AmandaGuest, Manager at Milford Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Your excellent review is most appreciated, look forward to seeing you in the hotel again soon.

Regards

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Mh 8th arc 2014
We did stay here but were lured in by the sign advertising a Jazz Lunch. the hotel looks very attractive and if the quality of the lunch is anything to go by, the hotel will be great, situated fairly central in the city.

The lunch was excellent quality served by cheerful staff. we were very warmly welcomed when we arrived and looked after very well throughout what was a very pleasant lunching experience. The jazz consisted of a keyboard player accompanied by a sax player.

Room Tip: I could only rate those aareas we actually experienced - ie restaurant, we did stay here
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

I am really pleased you enjoyed our Jazz lunch, thank you for sharing your thoughts on tripadvisor.

Many thanks

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We recently stayed in the Milford Hall Hotel combining a Groupon offer with a visit to the Salisbury Playhouse for a birthday treat.

The hotel itself is very well located for the Salisbury Playhouse being a 10 minute stroll to the theatre and town centre. The staff were very welcoming, giving us a warm, friendly reception and allowing us to stay in the car park all day although we weren't checking in until after 3 pm.

From the web site and description given by Groupon I was expecting a fairly luxurious room but our en-suite double was on a par with that offered in a standard Radisson hotel. If I hadn't been on a Groupon offer for £59 bed and breakfast, I would not have paid any more for this room. Having said that we did enjoy a comfortable night, the free bottle of wine with the offer being a nice touch.

Being a birthday treat, we splashed out on the £12.95 afternoon tea which included a round of sandwiches, a scone with cream/jam, a piece of sponge cake and a small square of fruit loaf. Again, very nice surroundings but the tea seemed lacking in something special. It just seemed pretty standard and could have done with a few petit fours or a small touch of something to give it some pzazz.

I think the Milford Hall Hotel is a nice place and certainly would recommend it for anyone who'd like an overnight stay if they're spending the day in Salisbury or going to the Playhouse but I wouldn't pay any more than £59 for a room.

Arrive early if you wish to park on site as the hotel gets busy and the car park fills up very quickly.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and would reccommend the hotel.
Regards

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I would like to strongly recommend this venue:

Staff: 10+
Food: 10+
Accommodation: 10+

As you can see I was more than happy with my stay at Milford Hall and would recommend anyone to stay at this well presented venue.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review, We will ensure we pass your lovely comments on to all the staff.

regards

Reviewed March 1, 2014

A group of us met up for a family reunion and none of us had any complaints. Friendly and helpful service, (I was in a wheelchair at the time). Good food at reasonable prices, very comfortable bed with no noise disturbance. The hotel is conveniently placed for a walk into the city centre yet easy to find from the ring road, with adequate parking. Would be happy to use again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review, look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stayed for one night in an Executive room. While the Hotel was clean and the staff welcoming I was disappointed, for the room rate I paid it wasn't top notch.
I was drawn to the availability of parking on site, however when I arrived the car park was full and I then had to tour the public car parks and pay for an afternoons parking. This made me think that I had paid twice. I didn't choose alternative accommodation as they didn't offer car parking.
The Executive room was nice, but worth the upgrade cost, I think not. It was also extremely hot in the room and we failed to master the heating controls, eventually sleeping with the window open.
Overall, the Hotel was good, and at a lower room rate would be a fine choice.

Room Tip: Get there early for a parking space
1  Thank Rich224
AmandaGuest, Manager at Milford Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay with us.
I was pleased that you found the team welcoming.

I was however disappointed to read your other constructive feedback. All comments received are discussed with the team here and I assure you we strive for continued improvements where necessary.

I am sorry that you felt that our Executive bedrooms are not worth the supplementary charge.

With reference to the car park, we are lucky to have as many free spaces as we do however on the odd occasion it does get rather full at which point we usually double park guest cars with a member of the Management team moving your car when spaces come free ie people leaving the restaurant.

Thank you once again for your valued comments and if you are thinking of coming back please do feel free to get in touch with me personally and I will ensure that the bedroom we allocate for you meets and exceeds your expectations.

Thank you once again.

Kind Regards
Amanda L Guest

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Recently spent 3 nights in this excellent hotel.As usual what made the difference was the helpful friendly staff,there was always someone around to sort out any problem.
The room was clean and spacious,breakfast very good and the restaurant more than adequate.
It offers free parking and is well situated so that Salisbury centre is an easy walk away.
Recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful comments about Milford Hall Hotel and all you experienced. Your comments have been passed forward to our Team who, I know will greatly appreciate it too.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Milford Hall Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards