“A pleasant place”
Review of La Mollina - CLOSED

La Mollina
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: La Molina provides seating both indoors and Alfresco on Salisbury Market Square for up to 100 people. We welcome couples, families, small groups and lone diners. We offer a broad, varied and interesting authentic Spanish menu. Sit out on Salisbury Market Sqare sharing a Jug of Sangria or pint or Cana of Alhambra and a few tapas with friends. Currently running some great offers on weekdays.
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We ate here on a Friday evening and although the small downstairs was full, there were only two tables taken upstairs. The waitress was very pleasant and the food (meat stack) enjoyable, but spoilt because the dishes were not hot enough. When food is served like this the terracotta dishes need to be sizzling at the start. The waitress said customers often commented on this, so it's something the manager needs to address.

Mreatout, Owner at La Mollina, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback it's a ppreciated. We hope you had a good evening at the theatre.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

My husband and I with a couple of friends were going to the Salisbury Playhouse and wanted a quick but enjoyable early supper beforehand. Having enjoyed a Rioja wine-tasting there a few weeks ago I thought of La Mollina. It is ideal being just a few minutes walk from the theatre and open all day. I emailed ahead to book a table and pre-order from the menu on the website and received an email from Steve confirming that we were expected.
We were welcomed and shown to a table in the refurbished upstairs dining room and, although at that time of day we were the only diners upstairs, the ambience was fine and service was attentive without being intrusive. The meal was relaxed and I had no anxiety about eating, paying and getting to the theatre in time for curtain-up.
We had some bread & oil, habas fritas and olives while the hot food was prepared for us and then the meat tapas tower and the fish tapas tower came out. Our friends were impressed with the towers and the portions were just perfect. Will definitely come again, both before the theatre and at other times.

1  Thank Alison H
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My Wife and I were visiting Salisbury and went into La Mollina. We decided on the lunchtime menu as it seemed very good value. It comprised of two tapas dishes and either salad or bread with olive oil & balsamic or olives. The tapas was very good the service was prompt I would not hesitate to go back and this time try the a la carte

Steve D, Owner at La Mollina, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thanks for your positive comments. We appreciate it. Positive and constructive comments encourage me and my staff to keep up and improve our service and food.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We visited this last Saturday night, service and atmosphere was brilliant, but let down by some very poor food. The tapas were bland and not very attractive and very expensive. Although ok to visit for a bottle of wine and relax before moving on, not sure i would eat here again, hope the owner takes this constructively and rectifies because this could be a cracking little restaurant.

1  Thank 480daza123
Steve D, Owner at La Mollina, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad that you were happy with the service and atmosphere. I'm concerned about your feedback on the quality of the food and that you found that we were expensive. One thing that we get repetitive feedback on is the value for money we offer. We also get good feedback on our in house feedback cards on or food. This is a menu that we have developed from customer feedback over 3 years. Your comments did not mention the dishes that you ordered - i could comment further and constructively if you could advise what you ordered and what you are comparing with when reviewing our prices. Regards Steve

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Visited the restaurant on a lunch time after walking past and being drawn in by the gorgeous smell.
We were welcomed and seated immediately, and asked if we wanted any drinks while we viewed menu.
We decided on the meat tapas tower to share between 2. It included 6 tapas dishes and was beautifully presented. Even with me not being a fan of mushrooms or stews, and so not eating from two of the dishes, there was plenty of food and i was left suitably full for the remainder of the evening. Nothing went to waste as my boyfriend polished off any remaining food.
We would definitely, and look forward to, dining here again.

Steve D, Owner at La Mollina, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback it's appreciiated