“Good hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grasmere House Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Grasmere House Hotel
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Salisbury
POULTON .LANCS.
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Got a good rate on a Sunday night in a luxury room
Short walk to the cathedral + hotel has great advantage of car parking
Staff efficient + friendly
Offered voluntarily , without charge, that room could be kept until 2 pm
Very good views + acceptable breakfast
Smart bathroom
Very good value for amount paid

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank TSO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Lovely old hotel on the banks of the river with amazing views of the Cathedral. Short walk to the Cathedral and the city centre over rustic old bridges and past historic thatched pubs.
Clean comfortable and warm rooms, each one slightly different.
Great English Breakfasts.

Room Tip: Two classes of room. The better classes have the nice views from ground floor.
1 Thank loosersic
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

friendly very helpful staff, room #20 had one of the best views of Salisbury Cathedral, The restaurant was lovely good food attentive staff, cant wait to stay here again loved this hotel 10/10 A1 would love to stay here again in 2013, hope the same staff are still working there, as they could not do enough for us, true it was not very busy but having stayed in many hotels my wife & I could tell no matter how busy the staff would be helpful.

Room Tip: #20 lovely view...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fred C
Salisbury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

We held our wedding party at the Grasmere in June 2012. Despite having been into the hotel several times to discuss our requirements on the day the hotel staff changed things round over and over again. They didn't know where to put the buffet, the DJ or the tables. In the end I had to spend the afternoon attempting to offer the foreign staff direction as the management were not there all afternoon.
We had a lot of family and friends staying at the hotel. The rooms were tired but clean. Unfortunately, the hotel messed up all of the bills for each room when we checked out. They had other people's dinners etc on our bills, wrong rooms for the wrong person - you name it, they had it.
The bar was left unattended during the evening and I had to ask for the tables to be cleared so that the disco could start. Again, no management staff around all evening.
The buffet was nice and served well by the staff but disappeared before anyone could really go back up for more.
Overall, I was left very upset by the whole party. My husband tried to explain the problems but was met by a brick wall by the management. Very poor, no apology or even a kind word from the staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mary B

Travelers are raving about these Salisbury hotels

Caerleon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed during a business trip to Salisbury on my way down to the Isle of Wight. I booked very much last minute at a bargain rate and was worried that I didn't do enough research. I was very pleasantly surprised when I checked in. The room was very comfortable and well furnished with a lovely view over the garden. The hotel unfortunately is let down by it's restaurant. I had a steak (and paid £22) which was small, thin, overcooked and tough. The breakfast was also basic and not great if you don't want sausages and bacon.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking the garden and stream
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Berkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

We had to stay over night as we had a two day appointment at the Salisbury Hospital. My husband is slightly disabled.
The Grasmere Hotel could not have been a better place to stay. The staff were all very friendly and could not have done enough for us. The rooms are very large and have everything that you need. My husbands bedroom had a wet room which was a huge bonus. I had a separate bedroom which had a massive double bed. Huge

Sent from my iPad

Dear Moyagh
First it was a long Christmas, then it was New Year and 15 days away,then it was the snow and and then it was journeys to Salisbury and now I have a cold. I would have been in touch with you and popped up to see you but as you can see it's been rather full with other activities.
I don't like visiting people when I have a cold as I am afraid of giving it to them. I would definitely not be contagious at this stage but feeling rough instead. I am still in bed at the moment and it's 10 o'clock in the morning.
We have been down to Salisbury three times now for Mikes contraption on his leg. We had to stay overnight on one of the visits. All was going very well until yesterday when Mike had his tingling symptoms again and was feeling pretty unwell. We have no idea if it is connected with using the electronic stimulus or if it is just a coincidence. I think we have to speak to the professor first and see if it could be due to the FES. Probably the only way to tell will be to trial it again and if it causes the symptoms then we will know for sure. It will be such a shame if Mike can't use it and we have to send it back it's cost us a thousand pounds already. I am sure that long term it would make such a difference to Mikes quality of life we will both be very disappointed if it has to be sent back.
Diana was rushed off to hospital a week ago for another ovarian cyst such a pity. They have been advised to get on with trying the babymaking business. It doesn't sound too great to me. Fingers crossed for them as they will make wonderful parents.
It's Joe's birthday next weekend so they're coming on Sunday for the day here staying overnight and then going to London on the Monday with the children.
Please keep 24 August free pop it in your diary. I will be having a do.
Hope to see you very soon. Even Mike commented that we had not seen Donald in ages. I think since before Xmas. The snow really did get in the way of seeing people after NY and Xmas. I really haven't seen a sole except my bridge girls on Monday and Tuesday. I need to get back into some sort of routine soon.
Lots of love
Sue

Sent from my iPad flat screen TV, great shower and bath, ironing facilities in the room and all very accessible. The restaurant seemed to be providing a very comprehensive and interesting menu. We ate in town but I wish now that we had eaten at the Hotel.
It has wonderful views of the River and spire of the cathedral. Town centre is an easy walking distance from the hotel even for someone with a disability.
The decorations are on the old fashioned side but the comfort and friendliness makes up for this.

Room Tip: As for a view.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

We chose The Grasmere Hotel for our wedding which took place19/01/2013 and we can not thank Babs and the hotel staff enough for all the effort they went to,to make our day special. They arranged everything for us and it went perfectly. Babs really did make organising the wedding much easier for us, she was always on hand to help out and was more than happy to make last minute changes for us. The waiting staff were amazing serving food and drinks for all the guests and the food was lovely. All of our guests commented on how lovely everything was and that they really enjoyed the day. We stayed at the hotel the night of the wedding as did a lot of our guests who live away from Salisbury, our room was lovely with a beautiful view of the river and cathedral which was made even more perfect with all the snow that fell the day before. The staff were very professional and I would highly recommend the hotel for guests looking for somewhere to stay or for their wedding venue.

The way The Grasmere Hotel work with weddings is perfect for all budgets as you pay the deposit when you book which is included in the final bill for payment and you the pay per head for whatever menu you decided on meaning that the wedding can be as expensive or cheap as you wish depending on the size of guest list you decide on.

My new husband and I would highly recommend The Grasmere Hotel as would all of our guests!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river and cathedral have a beautiful view and the 4 poster rooms are perfect for a...