“Reliable as always”

Fisherton Mill Gallery and Cafe
Ranked #3 of 20 Coffee & Tea in Salisbury
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Tempting homemade cakes, sandwiches and main meals for the most discerning palates - our relaxed and friendly café is a slice of foodie heaven in the heart of Salisbury. With fresh, quality ingredients and the care and creativity of chef proprietor Michael Fox, we're a culinary treat worth talking about - winner of the 2015 Observer Food Monthly Awards 'Best Cheap Eats in the West'. You can also explore our treasure trove of amazing artwork in the largest independent art gallery in the South West. Spread over two floors and overflowing into a sunny courtyard, our ever-changing, contemporary collection brings together the work of leading artists, sculptors and furniture makers from across the UK as well as carefully selected, unique gifts sourced from the UK and further afield. Discover a selection of handmade cards and jewellery, as well as original glassware, ceramics, woodwork, and textiles-and take time to enjoy some of the finer things in life in a uniquely historic setting.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Had the veggie open sandwich, which was more imaginative than most places can be bothered with, and my friend had the chicken open sandwich, also with more imaginative ingredients. We both followed up with home made cake, my slightly undercooked flapjack (just the way I like them) came with a spoon, so the consistency of it had been anticipated by the very helpful staff. The prices are at the higher end of the scale, but the quality is consistently good here, and the surroundings of the beautiful shop/art gallery add to the value.

Deborah F, Owner at Fisherton Mill Gallery and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Thank you for appreciating the creativity of Michael's food and the delicious ingredients he uses. We are glad you like the flapjacks, although I think the hot weather was making them slightly softer than usual!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Great atmosphere, fabulous food, my little treat on a Saturday!
Quality and ever changing menu never disappoints

Deborah F, Owner at Fisherton Mill Gallery and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

What more can I say but - Thank you!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Not knowing Salisbury, I found this place on Tripadvisor and was really pleased to find that it was even better than I expected. My friend and I had a leisurely, delicious salmon salad and went back later for afternoon tea, which was lovely.

Deborah F, Owner at Fisherton Mill Gallery and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thanks to Trip Advisor for enabling customers who would never normally discover us to seek us out. I am so pleased you found us after reading our reviews and that we exceeded your expectations. We hope you will be able to re-visit soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

There is something about Fishy Mill - it does sometimes feel a bit expensive for a cafe but never poor value. It does sometimes feel a bit of a hike from town but never not worth it. Can't really explain why it works but it does - we have gone back time after time. Courtyard area pleasant in fine weather and the staff do seem to be exceptionally sweet. The children have always liked It. Great atmosphere inside - looking forward to the new arrangements.

We agree that there is something special about Fishy Mill! It is a lovely place to work as all the artists and creative business people here are a great little community set within such a warm and atmospheric building there is no place better in our opinion and we are so glad you agree and have thank you for sharing your thoughts with others.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Together with a friend who lives in Salisbury, I enjoyed a delicious summer salad lunch yesterday in the peaceful garden of the Fisherton Mill Café. I will definitely come back for another meal on my next visit and allow more time to look at the beautiful crafts.

Deborah F, Owner at Fisherton Mill Gallery and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Your review is much appreciated. We are pleased you enjoyed your visit and plan to return again. Many thanks to your Salisbury friend for suggesting it as a place for lunch.