We have just returned from a 2 night stay in this hotel, we were there for a wedding reception. I originally enquired about a room by email and was given a 'discounted' rate for wedding guests of £65 per night, I then enquired through Legacy Hotels and was given a rate of £60 per night, when I queried this with reception by email, they just told me to book direct with Legacy.
On our arrival, the gentleman on reception was hardly welcoming, more intent on swiping my credit card, even though I had pre-paid for the room. Our room, (No. 6) was in the original part of the hotel and was very small despite being offered as a Deluxe Double, the bed and the pillows were extremely hard, the room was cold, with only one small radiator, there was no heating at all in the bathroom! The temperature fluctuated so much in the shower that it was quite dangerous. Thre was black mildew/mould all around the bathroom window. We had dinner in the restaurant on the first evening and it was very good, the waiter Gill, was exceptionally helpful and friendly throughout our visit, although I have to say he was the only one. Continental breakfast was included in our room rate, but on the first morning my husband also requested poached eggs, he was given two poached eggs on a plate, with nothing else, they weren't even on toast, and for that he was charged £4.95!! In fact there seemed to be many extra charges, such as £3.95 if paying by credit card, £5 extra for breakfast in your room, £5 supplement for room service etc.
On the plus side, the views from the hotel restaurant are superb, and if you are lucky enough to have the right room. There is a free car park, and it is situated in a quiet street, just a short walk from the cathedral and city centre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel is an original 13th Century coaching inn located in the City of Salisbury with stunning views across the River Avon & Salisbury Cathedral. There are many original features lovingly retained. The original section of the building still boast its wooden beams through-out and our Oak Bar also enjoys the log fire that is lit in our winter months. A selection of Feature and River View Rooms are available along with our original beamed rooms, please ask our reservation or reception teams for details & availability. Our Pavilion Restaurant where the hotel serves Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner to residents and non-residents offers picturesque views of Salisbury Cathedral and the River Avon combined with ‘Sheep in the meadows’ by constable. Our modern Avon Bar which has kept its original beams and other features is the perfect place for meeting friends. We offer Morning Tea & Coffees, Afternoon Cream Teas & Coffee, Lunches and Dinner and drinks through-out the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Rose And Crown Hotel
- Legacy Rose Crown Salisbury