My fiance and I are here after a late change in my work shifts and a last minute decision to go away and what a find. We found this hotel on the internet and took advantage of the sunday saver deal. It is so easy to find, it is just outside the centre of salisbury and backs onto the river. Saying that just a 10 minute walk round the corner and you are outside salisbury cathedral and right in the centre of the city. This hotel is wonderfully clean and well presented and a bit of a old and modern fusion. Sara on reception was particularly welcoming friendly and helpful. Our room is big, clean and warm and looks right over the garden and river and field opposite. It is completely silent and the heavy curtains permit virtually complete darkness. Sleeping in the bed is like being enveloped in a lovely cuddle, it is so comfortable. There are your own radiators and you can open the windows so titrate the environment to your personal taste. The shower is hot and strong and there is a good selection of tea and coffee making facilities. The bar is tucked away just off reception and has a fair selection of beverages. We didnt eat dinner here but the menu looked nice. All in all a lovely hotel to spend the night and a fantastic deal. Only downside is there is no walkways along the river from the hotel but that is nobodys fault.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel is an original 13th Century coaching inn located in the City of Salisbury with stunning views across the River Avon & Salisbury Cathedral. There are many original features lovingly retained. The original section of the building still boast its wooden beams through-out and our Oak Bar also enjoys the log fire that is lit in our winter months. A selection of Feature and River View Rooms are available along with our original beamed rooms, please ask our reservation or reception teams for details & availability. Our Pavilion Restaurant where the hotel serves Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner to residents and non-residents offers picturesque views of Salisbury Cathedral and the River Avon combined with ‘Sheep in the meadows’ by constable. Our modern Avon Bar which has kept its original beams and other features is the perfect place for meeting friends. We offer Morning Tea & Coffees, Afternoon Cream Teas & Coffee, Lunches and Dinner and drinks through-out the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Rose And Crown Hotel
- Legacy Rose Crown Salisbury