I booked our stay at the Rose & Crown by shear chance. They had the 'Winter Warmer' offer on, so I thought this was a lovely choice for my husbands Birthday treat! Well, it certainly didn't dissappoint! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. On arrival the receptionist was very friendly & polite. Unfortunately, the room we were given wasn't the room I had asked for when I booked. (In the old part of the hotel) However, the receptionist did no more than offer us the 'Four Poster' room!, (as it was my husbands birthday) we were very happy, as it is a truly beautiful room!! Although the Hotel was very quite, due to the time of year, we were very well looked after. The Hotel Manageress told us she had lit the fire for us in the lounge, which we thought was a lovely touch to make us feel welcome. The Hotel also has a very good chef, who delivers superb food! (recommend the Scallops and the Poached Chicken breast) Everywhere in the Hotel is very clean & tidy, we had everything we needed in our room, plus the complimentary bottle of wine. The Hotel is well positioned, a lovely little walk from the city. We are planning to return to the Rose & Crown again soon, to see more of Salisbury, and this Hotel & it's staff is the perfect place to be able to do this!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel is an original 13th Century coaching inn located in the City of Salisbury with stunning views across the River Avon & Salisbury Cathedral. There are many original features lovingly retained. The original section of the building still boast its wooden beams through-out and our Oak Bar also enjoys the log fire that is lit in our winter months. A selection of Feature and River View Rooms are available along with our original beamed rooms, please ask our reservation or reception teams for details & availability. Our Pavilion Restaurant where the hotel serves Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner to residents and non-residents offers picturesque views of Salisbury Cathedral and the River Avon combined with ‘Sheep in the meadows’ by constable. Our modern Avon Bar which has kept its original beams and other features is the perfect place for meeting friends. We offer Morning Tea & Coffees, Afternoon Cream Teas & Coffee, Lunches and Dinner and drinks through-out the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Rose And Crown Hotel
- Legacy Rose Crown Salisbury