1,122 results
All reviews white hart privilege room car park no lift central location per day lovely hotel four poster bed reception staff old building wedding party wedding reception hotel restaurant town centre afternoon tea few minutes walk single room
Reviewed November 8, 2018

I stayed here in November 2018 for one night.

Check in was quick and straightforward and the receptionist was very friendly and helpful.

The room and bathroom were both a good size, very clean and usual facilities.

I dined in the restaurant and the food and drink were both excellent with a good, standard selection on the menu. The service was excellent.

Breakfast was also to a good standard, buffet style with a great selection of juices, cereals, breads and hot food and there was plenty of hot coffee. Service again very good.

The hotel is situated in a good location, close to rail and bus links and a 10 minute walk from the cathedral and several interesting museums.

If you are looking for a good hotel for a one or two night stay in Salisbury, I would certainly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
WhiteHartManager, General Manager at Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear JAMISS

Thank you for your kind words and recommendations to others.

As you mentioned the hotel is situated well for those wanting to explore the historic city centre and with in easy reach of the public transport links also offering an extensive on-site car parking facility for those travelling by car.

Visitors to the city will soon be able to enjoy the Christmas Market situated in the market square, a short distance from the hotel.

We look forward in welcoming you back to the White Hart in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2018

I was on a conference and we'd taken most of the rooms in the hotel, so several people got upgrades. For no obvious reason I got the bridal suite, all to myself - a big room with four poster bed, and french windows onto the big balcony over the front entrance. So that may have influenced my score... Still, they managed to feed over 100 people at once for an evening meal - always a good test of organisation - and the meal was very good; the same with the plentiful breakfast. The little bar was reasonably efficient - you sometimes had to find staff to serve but they were not far away. The clincher for the five blobs was that I left stuff of little value in the safe, and it only took a couple of phone calls for me to get it back (one for them to find the stuff and one for them to post it back, for just the postage cost). I'll have to return and treat the wife to the same room.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Warringtonian

Thank you for your kind words following your successful conference and dinner at the White Hart Hotel.

I was pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and appreciated the upgraded 4-poster bedroom which has hosted many famous guests in the past including royalty, I have shared your comments with the Food And Beverage team for providing the quality of service and food expected.

We all look forward in welcoming both your wife and yourself back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2018

We have just stayed at this hotel for 2 nights visiting family. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. They recommended The Chapter House restaurant, where we had a very nice meal in good surroundings for a reasonable price. When we booked our room we asked for a quiet room, which we got right at the end of the hotel corridor. The furniture looked tired and worn and the bathroom was very small and compact. However, we had a very nice stay and made use of the 12 o'clock check out on our last day. The hotel is very close to the shops and bars and within walking distance for the cathedral. We love Salisbury.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear lynnekeith

Thank you for taking the time in letting us know about your recent enjoyable stay at the Mercure White Hart Hotel in the heart of Salisbury.

Firstly, we love Salisbury too, the hotel's location is ideal for exploring the medieval city and attractions and visitors will soon be able to enjoy the Christmas Market in the city's market square.

I will ensure that I share your kind words with the team and we very much hope we have the pleasure in your company sometime in the future.

Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

Underwhelmed I think is a good word to sum up this place.

It has so much potential. I stayed in an Executive Room which I think must have been refurbished about 18 month ago, but it was already starting to get tatty. Broken towel rail, grubby sealant around the sink and bathroom, broken sashes on the windows. Nothing major, but consistent with a lack of attention to detail. Am I being fussy? Maybe, but this brings me on to the bar area. Huge potential. An unlit open fire on one of the coldest nights of the year so far. Empty glasses on the beer taps indicating almost all were “off”. Staff reasonably friendly, but give the impression “it’s a job. When’s the end of my shift?”

Breakfast, I have to say was very mediocre indeed. The breakfast room was baking hot with fan heaters blasting out hot air and some commercial radio station blaring out. Fried eggs can only be described as raw. Sausages colourless and just, maybe just about cooked. Bacon the same. Not a good experience at all. Not awful though, I hasten to add.

It just needs some management with a bit of vision and understanding of the potential this lovely place has. The Accor chain is generally pretty good. Parachute a veteran manager in with some experience of class. It’s got 4 stars, but I’m afraid I’ve stayed in better Premier Inns. Sort it before it’s too late.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank Airmilesjames

Dear Mr James

We appreciate all of the comments we have received following your recent stay with us in Salisbury.

Once again I wish to apologise that we were unable to meet your expectations on this occasion and that we take all feedback seriously and rest assured I have shared your comments with the relative Department Managers to support me in addressing the concerns raised.

In relation to the log fire we were having remedial maintenance works to the chimney during your visit and were unable to light, and will be glowing waiting for our visitors during the Winter months.

The hotel has a planned improvement plan and we appreciate all feedback received and allowing us to improve both the quality and service that we provide.

Reviewed October 29, 2018

We booked for a celebration birthday Sunday lunch for 40 people. Throughout the planning the events and restaurant staff were professional. Helpful and accomodating to our requests. On the day itself all elements of our plans were carried out smoothly and without fuss. The food was excellent, the service first class and the cost reasonable.We cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. It made for a memorable day.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Michael C

We appreciate you taking the opportunity in letting us know about your recent celebratory Sunday lunch at the Mercure, White Hart Hotel.

I will share all of your kind words with the entire team and will I am sure serve as great motivation for them all as we enter the busy Christmas period.

Thank you for your recommendations to others and we hope to be of service sometime in the future.