Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel
Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel(Salisbury)(Great Value!)
$94
$79
Travelocity
$85
$83
The Pembroke Arms Hotel(Wilton)(Great Value!)
$101
$130
$126
Orbitz.com
$95
King's Head Inn(Salisbury)(Great Value!)
$58
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
$79
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
1,053 results
All reviewswhite hartprivilege roomcar parkno liftlisted buildingcentral locationper daylovely hoteleggs benedictreception stafffour poster bedwedding partyold buildingcouple of nightswedding receptionafternoon teatown centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed here in June in an "executive room". No idea what the word executive implies because it was quite a small room with two small chairs to sit in next to the bed. The room was quite shabby and showing wear and tear in places, the bathroom was large but unimpressive. Temperature of the room and hotel was boiling hot (this was before the heat wave)

This wouldn't have been such a negative review if we hadn't paid quite so much for it - £289 a night. For this we could have stayed in the Dorchester in London. Instead we stayed at a three-star hotel which though it had a beautifully redone reception and lovely staff the room was utterly disappointing and I dread to think what a regular room looks like in terms of size. It's a typical Mercure property. Thinks it's posh but execution lacking by a mile.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Silverswisstracksuit
WhiteHartManager, General Manager at Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear silverswisstracksuit

Thank you for taking the time in posting your review following your recent stay with us at the Mercure Salisbury, White Hart Hotel.

However I was concerned to read your comments and ask that if you contact me directly concerning these so that I may investigate further for you.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Having read some of the reviews I wanted to post our genuine experience.
Firstly this is a VERY central Hotel. In the middle of a VERY busy city. If you wish to see Salisbury then this IS the Hotel for you. If you want a peaceful countryside break then its not. The Hotel is VERY close to the Cathedral which is beautiful & the main town area. There is plenty to see here. The Cathedral being the central focal point. Plenty of shops & restaurants. With Wilton House & Stonehenge close by. The Hotel has a road to the front & car park to the back. So no pretty views. There is not a lot to do about that! Space is of a premium. Its the same in any big town.They have made the best of a very small courtyard area which is very pretty. The Hotel itself looked to me to be an old Coaching Inn with the addition of a new block for extra rooms. Like most of the old Inn's. It is pleasant, nicely decorated, welcoming & the staff were very nice to us. We could not work out how to use the TV. A member of staff came up & patiently showed us the controls. We had a faulty hair dryer, it was replaced immediately. We asked several questions about the town & the staff were happy to be informative. For a trip to Salisbury we found this Hotel to be just about everything we needed. It was not far to walk anywhere. You can always find fault. And if I were to do so, I would say the carpet in the lobby is the wrong colour!!!!! Its very light & so having been well used it looks grubby & needs a good clean.This gives the wrong impression of an otherwise great Hotel. That is not the fault of the Hotel staff. The person higher up that made that decision needs to think a bit harder when the refit is due! To conclude, its a GOOD Hotel with caring staff & ideal for a visit to Salisbury.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Joanne H

Thank you for taking the time in posting your feedback following your most recent stay with us at the Mercure Salisbury, White Hart Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and that we provided everything you needed, thank you also for your remarks regarding the decor and you have my assurances that I will be discussing further your comments regarding the carpet in the lobby.

As always I am proud to recieve and share positive comments relating to the staff in that you found them to be caring and very nice and able to resolve any issues you had.

Once again thank you for posting your review and I hope that we have the opportunity in welcoming you back to the White Hart in the future.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Baking hot room. Appalling. Nothing as advertised: no bathrobe or slippers. Surly receptionist. Overpriced. Bedside lights don't work. Room extremely hot; traffic noise when windows open. Sleeping under damp towel to stay cool.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Peter L

Dear Peter L

Firstly allow me to apologise for any inconvenience caused to your stay in relation to the temperature of the room.

Having investigated with the team, I have noted that the comments were posted prior to the night team assisting with your concerns and additional assistance to address your concerns by the Duty Manager.

You have my further assurances that I have highlighted your concerns, to prevent any re occurrence in the future. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I hope that we may have the opportunity in welcoming you back to Mercure in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Although Mercure is a large chain, this has the feeling of a small, boutique hotel. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is just steps from the Cathedral, but Salisbury isn't large and most hotels are conveniently located. The lobby is adorable and the rooms are well appointed. The bed was very comfortable, the toiletries were very luxurious. The breakfast was very fresh and delicious, with the price of breakfast including select "a la carte" individually prepared items, as well as a buffet of various hot and cold items. It is an older hotel, but it's charming and well appointed. I would recommend staying here in Salisbury and I would return here if I'm in Salisbury again. We booked through Mercure directly, and there was a summer promotion when we booked that had better rates than expedia or other booking agents.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
WhiteHartManager, General Manager at Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Krista HT

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and recommendations following your recent stay with us at the Mercure Salisbury, White Hart Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you found the staff to be both helpful and friendly and that you appreciated the decor and feel of the lobby and well appointed bedrooms.

I have shared your kind words regarding the breakfast with the kitchen brigade in that you enjoyed the fresh variety and providing you with a delicious breakfast to start your day.

I look forward in welcoming you back to the White Hart in the future.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed here as part of a business trip and it is a nice hotel - breakfast was in line with expectations, the staff were very pleasant and helpful, rooms were clean and comfortable.

The location is ideal for the centre of Salisbury ... 2mins walk.

I would be happy to stay here again - a nice hotel for a fair price with attentive staff.

Room Tip: My room was at the front of the hotel (near to the road) - it was ok but i would probably ask for one at the rear of of the hotel next time .... not a major issue but i am a light sleeper who likes to sleep with an open window.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear martin1704

Many thanks for choosing the Mercure Salisbury, White Hart for your recent business trip.

I was pleased to read that you found the staff to be pleasant and helpful and that we met your expectations with breakfast, as well as the comfort and cleanliness of the bedroom.

I hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back soon.