My wife and I moved to Salisbury in August 2012 and stayed here for our first week in town while searching for housing. The hotel is nice enough - clean and modern with air conditioning in the rooms. Our room was extremely small (even for European standards) with about about 18 inches on either side of a double bed. There were about 3 feet at the end of the bed between it and a small desk with a television.
After 2 nights we asked the hotel staff if they had any larger rooms, but they said they were full and could not move us. Internet was for a fee (don't remember how much, but we didn't use it) and we didn't have breakfast included with our room as is common in most other hotels in the area.
That being said, the hotel has a good location in Salisbury right across from the cathedral and within close proximity to many good restaurants. The staff were very kind even when they were unable to help with our requests, and began recognizing us after only 1 night. They provided us with good dinner recommendations and also helped us to find another hotel after our reservation ended and we still needed a hotel at the end of the week (the White Hart was full for the second week).
The hotel also has a nice outdoor courtyard where we spent time in the evenings and on the weekends to get some air and get out of the small room. Overall, I would recommend this hotel only if you can get a good deal on it. I paid full price because it was covered by my employer, but wouldn't have done that if I booked it myself. If the price was better I'd give it 4 stars, but for us it seemed expensive for what it was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17th century 3 star hotel with 68 en suite rooms stands in the centre of Salisbury overlooking the famous Cathedral. Ideal base to visit Stonehenge and the New Forest. 25 miles from Southampton Airport, 1 mile from Salisbury railway and coach station. The hotel features the award winning Squires Restaurant and Bar, a lounge, 3 conference suites and a free car park. Nearby local leisure facilities just a short walk away include swimming, sauna, squash, tennis, snooker, horse riding and golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Accorhotels.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure White Hart Salisbury Hotel Salisbury
- Accor White Hart Salisbury
- Mercure Salisbury