Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $189.60
from $163.40
from $150.30
5,890 results
All reviews tower tour chapter house salisbury cathedral oldest working clock suggested donation tallest spire modern font magnificent building well worth a visit the stained glass windows awe inspiring guided tour on display entrance fee cloisters copy architecture
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were so glad we included a trip into Salisbury after spending a weekend in Portsmouth. The cathedral is so impressive. We spent over an hour in this church as there really is so much to see and take in. A tour would be great to do as there is so much history here. Famous people are buried throughout the church dating back to the 13th century. The highlight of course is seeing the Magna Carta and having a chat with the guide who was very informative. There are only four of the 13 originals left. I believe two are in the National Library in London. My son was very impressed on seeing this document basically because of it's significance in other declarations that followed all over the world.

There is was no fee for entry, however they do ask for donations and suggest 15 pounds per family. I left this in the box as I was so impressed and would like to think that my donation will keep this cathedral for future generations to see.

Salisbury itself is a pretty English town which I would have loved to have had more time to wander around. Next time I think I might spend the night here.

1  Thank zitaaussiemum
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Oh, this is a beautiful cathedral! I actually enjoyed visiting it more than Saint Paul's in London. St. Paul's is so big you just get overwhelmed and kind of shut down. This one is so much more manageable, but still so extremely lovely and grand. It has beautiful grounds, as well. This is the place to visit if you want to see a really beautiful English church.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great experience climbing the tower and being able to look down into the cathedral from on high. Not for the aged as there are lots of steps to climb but the view from the outside viewing area was fantastic. Bells can be a bit noisy glad I wasn't there at midday. Guides are very knowledgeable and make the tour very interesting.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

lots of space around, not sure about the sculptures. Quite small but lovely inside. Try to go when choir singing

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

The cathedral is beautiful inside, the external wall is quite dark, a big green outdoor area, good for a walk on good weather.