“Enjoyable Food”

Salisbury Seafood & Steak House
Ranked #147 of 268 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: British, Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Open to the public 7 days a week, lunchtime and evening, Salisbury Seafood and Steak House is a comfortable, relaxed restaurant offering a new concept in Salisbury. You can now enjoy the finest quality meats, freshest seafood and fish in the city, awarded joint-top restaurant in Salisbury by the AA Guide. The restaurant offers a heated conservatory bar where you can sit and relax whilst enjoying a pre-lunch and dinner drink. Meanwhile, the comfortable furnishings and soft mood lighting provide a stylish, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. In the summer months, the roof retracts so you can enjoy your drinks under the warm summer sun! Whatever the occasion; a quick lunchtime special, a lunch meeting with colleagues, or a leisurely lunch or dinner with friends and family, this restaurant serves steaks seared to perfection, market-fresh seafood and much more. You will have a difficult time deciding what to choose!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyable Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I recently dined here with my boyfriend and we had an enjoyable meal. The restaurant is smart and comfortable and whilst there were only one or two diners the evening we were there, I can imagine a nice ambience when the restaurant is full.

Our food was really nice, I had the classic 70's crayfish cocktail and I would say it was probably one of the best I have ever had so compliments to the chef and then I had a really lovely fillet steak although did not really like the peppercorn sauce served. My boyfriend had salmon to start which he said was lovely and then lobster with tagliatelle.... although we expected this to be a lobster on the plate with some tagliatelle on the side .... unfortunately it turned out to be a bowl of lobster pasta and at £25 for a bowl of pasta, it was slightly disappointing.

Service was average, it would be helpful if the staff communicated with each other as we were asked twice in the space of a couple of minutes if our meal was ok and it would be nice if the serving staff knew what the food was like and what was available as we had a bit of confusion from them.

All in all, we would probably return as the food was good.

• Visited November 2012
Amanda G, Front Office Manager at Salisbury Seafood & Steak House, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Further to your comments re communication, we have recently done some communication team excerises in order to improve further the quality of service.

I am pleased that on the whole your dining expereience was a pleasurable one.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look ofrward to welcoming you back to Salisbury Seafood and Steak House in the very near future.

Kind regards

Taunton, United Kingdom
“return visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had lunch here about 18 months ago with 4 friends, and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meals and the service. So, meeting number one son and daughter-in-law for lunch, today, we returned. The same great food and service delighted us all. We each had from the set lunch menu ( £9.95 for 2 courses) and enjoyed our meal. With wine and coffee, the bill for the four of us came to £62.05. Unfortunately, today we were the only customers for lunch, though the restaurant was much busier on our first visit. Will certainly return next time we're in Salisbury.

• Visited October 2012
All our team would like to thank you for your note and for your favourable comments on Salisbury Seafood & Steak House. We are pleased you enjoyed your dining expereince once again with us, and we look very much forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards
“Milford Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

The Salisbury steak house have delicious meals also the Milford Hotel is a lovely place to stay, we stayed there not so long ago,

Visited October 2012
Amanda G, Front Office Manager at Salisbury Seafood & Steak House, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you for your great comments about both The Salisbury Seafood & Steak House and Milford Hall Hotel. We look very much forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Absolutely brilliant experience all round”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I recently booked a meal here for a friend's birthday. We couldn't have been more impressed!

I mentioned it was for a birthday briefly over the phone. When we arrived, there was birthday confetti on the table and even a birthday card on the table! When dessert came, they wrote "Happy Birthday" in sauce on my friend's dessert! Absolutely brilliant, given the fact I'd only mentioned it briefly.

As for the food, it was excellent. I had mussels to start (a really generous portion for a starter, also delicious) and my friends had pork ribs (falling off bone, yum) and a mushroom and feta tower. For mains, we all had steak or burgers. They were all presented marvellously, on rustic wooden boards with really cool mini-fryer chip baskets. The chips were home made and absolutely delicious. The meat was cooked to perfection.

I had the chocolate truffe for dessert and no lie, it's in my top three desserts I've ever eaten in a restaurant (and I eat out a lot!) I was blown away.

The only downside was that they'd had a wedding that weekend and subsequently had run out of a lot of real ales, and then continued to run out of things as the evening went on! Usually that sort of thing would really irk but because the service was so good and the food so delicious, we didn't care and chose other things instead.

We all had starters, a main and dessert; we also had four Cokes, a Summer Lightning and a large Rose. The bill came to £98 for three of us, which is pretty good I reckon.

Thanks to everyone there for a great evening!

• Visited September 2012
Amanda G, Front Office Manager at Salisbury Seafood & Steak House, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
It is such a great pleasure reading fabulous comments like your on Tripadvisor about Salisbury Seafood & Steak House.

I am very pleased you enjoyed your dining experience including the birthday surprises for your party.

Once again thank you for a great review and we look forward to welcoming back to The Salisbury Seafood & Steak House in the not too distant future.

“Quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

A lovely resraurant setting with a very attentive and charming waiter (Matthew), backed up by excellent food. I was looking for a quality evening out with my wife and we were not disappointed. £45 all in for a three course meal with drinks seems suprisingly low and very good value.

• Visited October 2012
Thank you for your great comments about your dining experience at Salisbury Seafood & Steak House, not forgetting Matthew of course!.

Rest assured your wonderful comments have been passed on to Matthew and all the Team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Steak House in the not too distant future.

Amanda Guest