“UK2012”

and 1 more site!
The Edwardian Lodge Guest House
Ranked #31 of 59 Salisbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Good well appointed room of reasonable size, small en suite with all the essentials - all recently refurbished. Close enough to the Cathedral and shops to walk and with adequate parking. An excellent breakfast in a cramped conservatory. Friendly helpful hosts.
But .. we were there on the hottest days of July 2012 and the only way to get airflow through the room was to open the window which allowed all the traffic noise in and even then there was no air flow through without the main door open. The Lodge is on a major road and we got no sleep the first night. The second night we were in a different room at our request and we were charged the extra tariff, it was a bit better but the fan is inadequate.

Room Tip: Corner suite has 2 windows for better air flow but is more expensive. Avoid the front rooms in the...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 19, 2012

In over 40 years of international travelling, we would give the Edwardian Lodge B+B a 100% rating. It was the hottest night of the year when we stayed; we were provided with a fan and had double aspect windows which created a through breeze. As we live in London we are not troubled by traffic noise which was no worse than around any other centrally located B+B. The room was immaculate, bed comfortable, linen new, towels, toiletries and hot water plentiful, shower effective and the hospitality tray well stocked. Breakfast was excellent, freshly cooked and provided everything including fresh fruit, cereals and two different types of sweetner! (if filling in a form for breakfast the night before is the price for receiving fresh cooked food then so be it). Edwardian Lodge could well be used as the yardstick by which a B+B should operate. We found the proprietors friendly and helpful although we know Salisbury quite well. We would not hesitate to recommend this establishment to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed two nights at this B & B. The room wasn't overly large but was adequate, well furnished and tastefully decorated. The bathroom was clean, modern and well appointed. Breakfast was served in the conservatory which was a little cramped. It was a surprise to find off road parking and a quiet room considering this B & B is situated on a busy road. All in all an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Small room and not imaginative breakfast. Only canned fruit. People advise to go to the center of the city along the main road. We discovered very nice ways along the river or through the residential neighbourhood.

Room Tip: A room at the rear. The guest house is on a noisy road.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I stayed in this B&B for one night whilst my Husband was in Salisbury Hospital. I had pre-warned that I would be arriving fairly late at about 7pm, as I was spending time at the hospital. On arrival I was asked to select my breakfast for the next day, and shown to my room. Which was spotlessly clean. The en-suite was lovely too - with towels, shower gel and shampoo. (The shower head, although large - wasn't very powerful) but the water was hot and plentyful.
There was a selection of tea, coffee , hot chocolate and biscuits. (No decaf - but I had bought my own.)
The weather was very humid so the room was on the warm side, the window was open - but I found the traffic very noisy, this is probably due to the fact I live in a tiny quiet village and can only hear cows mooing and badgers snorting at home!
I tried closing the window , but found the room too hot.
The breakfast was lovely - cooked to perfection. I didn't have cereal, fruit or fruit juice, although this was there, it wasn't offered to me, and I felt a little unsure about having it, as I had selected my choice of a cooked breakfast the night before. I was offered tea or coffee and de-caf was served when requested. My empty plate was taken away quickly - the minute I placed my knife and fork down - maybe a tab too quickly!
All in all - a nice stay - which met my needs for the night.

Room Tip: If you are bothered by traffic noise - ask for a room away from the road.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2012

When we arrived, the lady that greeted us was a bit stuffy and made us feel a little uncomfortable. Once we got past that, the stay was excellent.

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs in the back and were very comfortable. Our friends stayed downstairs on the fron...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Our accommodation at the Edwardian Lodge was very nice. The bedroom was small but homely and there was a good refreshment tray with Fair Trade products and some delicious biscuits. Everywhere was spotlessly clean. The bathroom was small but perfectly fine. The bed was very comfy and we had two very restful nights sleep.

The breakfast was absolutely gorgeous. It was cooked to perfection and served in a delightful conservatory (although we didn't like having to decide what we wanted the night before).

What spoilt our stay here was the lack of warmth and friendliness from our hosts. We arrived half an hour earlier than the 4.30pm check in time and knocked on the door to ask if it might be possible to check in. (We would have been quite happy to come back later, if we had been asked to). We were begrudgingly ushered in accompanied by some mutterings about only just being ready and for the rest of our stay and we didn't really feel welcome.

For this reason, we would not return, but would not hesitate to recommend this guest house in terms of food, cleanliness and facilities.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple