“Adequate when room available!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salisbury
Holmhurst Guest House
Ranked #52 of 58 Salisbury B&B and Inns
Hampshire
“Adequate when room available!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The first time I stayed was fine. However the second time I arrived in the evening and my room had been given to someone else even though I had booked by email and confirmed by phone. Very disappointing. It left me trying to find another b&b at night when I had a busy work day the next day.

Room Tip: Make sure you double check that your room is booked before setting off.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Karen made us very welcome from the start - we had just had a terrible experience with another B&B (not in Salisbury) where they had double booked us and didn't have room for us (after travelling 250 miles, we needed to crash!). The family room was clean, comfortable and excellent value for money. The breakfast was exceptional and Karen's attentiveness was 'just right'. Would definately stay here again.... MANY MANY THANKS!

Room Tip: A little noise from the busy road, but didn't disturb us too much...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
london
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed the night, last minute booking, cheapest option in Salisbury. Very comfortable bed, decent sized room, very helpful owner, convenient parking, good road access, breakfast good, Yes i would book again.

Room Tip: Ring up in advance
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank rogereasterbrook
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Stayed here the night before my wedding with my two brothers.
Rooms were a good size and the value was excellent. We had a room on the front of the house but the traffic was not too bad. (We are all heavy sleepers though)
Just read a previous review slating cleanliness, I would have to totally disagree with this as our rooms we spotless. Breakfast was also great quality and just what I needed to start my day. The owners were really nice and so was their lovely little dog!

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2011

My friend and I visited Stonehenge and Salisbury for one day. Since it wasn't a bad price and nearby Salisbury town centre with free parking, we stayed there. We found that it was an average B&B. I felt that it was a bit like a hotel than home from home.

The room was big with a double and a single bed, a small TV and two comfy chairs. The room was facing the main road so it was a bit noisy during the peak hours. The breakfast was average but really liked the fried bread.

Karen, the host, knew the area well and have given us some useful travelling advice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2009

On our recent visit to Salisbury we stayed at Holmhurst and found it a very friendly establishment. It is a well located place also it was easy to walk to the Cathedral and town centre. The room was nicely decorated and clean and Karen (the proprietor) made us very welcome and the breakfasts were excellent.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
aberdeenshire
Reviewed August 31, 2009

My wife and I stayed at Holmhurst last month whilst travelling around the south of England. We found the property easily from the website map and the owners Karen and Trevor were very helpful and knowledgeable of the local area.Room was clean and well decorated, breakfast superb! - freshly cooked and very prompt service.
All in all a great place to stay in Salisbury. Hope to return some day.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple