“Thai green curry” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thai Sarocha

Thai Sarocha
Ranked #18 of 264 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Thai green curry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Wow what a wonderful authentic Thai restaurant in Salisbury, wonderful flavours all managed by a lovely Thai family what a great find and has got to be the best Thai curry ever.

“Outstanding Thai food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

My partner and I visited this restaurant on saturday and was welcomed with a very warm welcome from the staff. While we looked over the menu for our food was offered some very nice prawn crackers.
The starter was delicious and made us look forward to our main course which was just to the quality of a genuine Thai restaurant and made us feel like we were back in Thailand.
The service throughout our meal was pleasant and the staff were very helpful.
I'm looking forward to returning in the near future. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting to taste thai cuisine.

“Dire!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We visited this restaurant last night after reading excellent reviews. From the outset the service was abysmal. The common pleasantries like offering to hang up your coat, enquiring if you would like prawn crackers or drinks while perusing the menu, were just not offered. We had to summon the staff at various intervals for drinks, prawn crackers etc. Admittedly, they were very busy and we allowed for that but service when it was given was sullen, disinterested and unwelcoming.

The food, when it finally arrived (minus the prawn crackers which never made an appearance) was just dreadful. The mixed Thai platter consisted of two slivers of chicken (satay?), four very tiny spring rolls (which looked and tasted like they were out of a supermarket party mix) and two prawn toasts which were burnt!!!

The main courses were worse. They were a long time coming and cold. My prawn dish, my husband's beef dish and the stir fried broccoli were all served up in the same glutenous sauce. My dish was inedible - the prawns were not cooked and were swimming in a tasteless, greasy slime. I sent the dish back and was assured that I could replace it with another at no extra charge. I chose another dish that was supposed to be on the "drier" side served on a bed of lettuce. It was no better. Practically raw prawns (again!) in a similar goo with a couple of shreds of lettuce floating in it. This is not Thai food as we know it!!!

At no time was any apology forthcoming. Although we complained about the food, we were perfectly polite about it, but our comments were met with complete disdain. They also charged us for the replacement meal!!!

This isn't just the worst Thai meal I have ever had (and I am very familiar with Thai cuisine) but possibly the worst dining experience I have ever had. Would never go back.

“Very, Very Dissapointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

After reading other reviews we made a booking for Saturday night, despite a tight schedule we decided to call and delay our arrival for half an hour. Big mistake, we should have cancelled!

My wife was shown to our table while I parked the car - not always easy in Salisbury. I arrived 10mins later, and it took the waiter another 15 mins to even acknowledge our existence - no offer of a drink or the usual prawn crackers. We got a change of table as I don't like sitting next to the entrance door - rather too draughty.

Again, no prawn crackers! After making our selection we managed to order the prawn crackers along with the starters and mains. After a wait, the starters arrived before the crackers - they were duly cancelled! Portions in the mixed starter for 2 were small; two of everything, including satay chicken that were no more than 75mm long, and two quarters of overcooked prawn toasts - Waitrose's offering are much bigger and better!

I ordered Tom Yum Goong, a traditional clear soup that was a muddy-brown colour - enough said.

Then the mains arrived! And it didn't get any better. My beef dish was allegedly "medium hot"; when in reality I could just about taste the chilli in which the beef was supposed to be pasted. That was nothing compared to my wife's prawn dish. It went back! The replacement, "we won't charge you for the new dish", was advertised as being "on a bed of lettuce"; we did NOT expect a insipid looking sauce that had drowned the lettuce. Now it may be too much to expect but for every dish to be swimming in sauce, even the Pad Broccoli (stir fry in soy sauce), and the clue here is "stir fry", is just not acceptable.

To summarise, Thai cuisine is all about delicate flavours, this was lacking in every dish we sampled, vegetables in the dishes were over-cooked and drowning in mild insipid sauce. Don't even think about the service; very poor - yes I know they were busy but if they can't cope with the amount of covers on offer they need to seriously re-think staffing levels and chef competencies. The experience has questioned our dining out experience; in future we will only frequent restaurants with which we are familiar.

Oh, the bill, including an excellent bottle of Sauvignon Blanc. came to £68 (no coffee, no desserts, NO tip), and the dish that went back, we found out later we were charged for, our menu selection being written in Thai made it difficult.

I'll let you make up your own minds about the place; what amazes me is how there are so many good reviews.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
dunedin
“yum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had an evening meal here. The food was very good especially the duck and some of the best spring rolls we've had. The service was good and pleasant surroundings.

• Visited October 2013