“Good quality thai restaurant” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thai Sarocha

Thai Sarocha
Ranked #19 of 264 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Salisbury, England, United Kingdom
“Good quality thai restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I last visited Thai Sarocha with my partner a couple of months ago. On that occasion we had a really good meal...the massaman curry was superb. Staff were attentive and we were generally impressed (as we had been on all previous visits). Unfortunately, our experience of the Thai Sarocha takeaway service recently was far less positive. Language / cmmunications difficulties on the phone meant that our order was incorrect and rather than the normal delivery service they put the order in a taxi and charged us and extra £5 for delivery....not good customer service or value for money.
We'll stick to eating in the restaurant next time!

• Visited November 2012

UK
“Trick or Treat? Trading on location, not quality or 'treat'”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Tried this place ad-hoc during the week to avoid Halloween 'trick or treat', previously visited when a different restaurant. It seems from our experience that the place is trading on location and lack of competition rather than quality. The food was bland with uncooked veg - I know al dente when I see it and we had some couldn’t care less raw veg with apprentice level sauces. Supposedly spicy dishes were mild. Sticky rice came in a plastic bag. Yes, served in a plastic bag which I was supposed to tip out. Really? (£50 meal for 2)
If it was chef's night off - then they should either say so up front or close for the night.
This was definitely worse than staying in for Halloween this year.
If you dont know what authentic Thai is supposed to taste like - then this is the place for you...

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Brooska
“Do not get takeaway from here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

I've been to eat in the restaurant once and although the food was ok, the portions were small and over priced.

There is a lack of Thai takeaways in Salisbury so we thought we would give Thai Sarocha a go. When the food arrived, a dish was missing. When I phoned back the lady said it would be replaced and I asked for a complementary dish for the inconvenience which she agreed to. The rest of the food was cold and pretty tasteless - think watered-down curry and hard veg in plain soy sauce. The only nice bit were the mixed starters for two, however these were a tiny portion (a minute stick of chicken, one small fishcake, one tiny spring roll etc) for SEVEN pounds each! Oh and the delivery driver also gave incorrect change!

I will not return to this restaurant for eat in or takeaway as the Rai Dor nearby is far superior!

2 Thank Lizzob
London, United Kingdom
“My favourite place to eat in Salisbury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I love this place. I've been here many times - for a quick post shopping supper and for a celebratory feast... The food is great and the service efficient.
I am veggie and am pleased by the choice offered on this menu. It's such a pleasant change to have a genuine choice- makes it tough to decide! Am a big fan of thai-style soups - good to see those available here.
Tend to drink jasmine tea with thai food although also enjoy white wine - and also like to have tap water - all these have been provided and squeezed onto the table without fuss. The tea is topped up seamlessly through the meal.
I confess I have managed to find space at the end of decent meal for the toffee banana which is a real treat.
Even when busy I have enjoyed eating here as a couple or in a larger group. Recommend. Just wish this place was closer to home!

• Visited June 2012
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“What is not to love?!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

I went there for a second time with my partner this weekend (14th July) and we loved it even more than the first time. The atmosphere of the place is brilliant, the decor is not over the top but is just right. The staff are friendly, always smiling and go out of their way to make sure you have what you want. I asked for a dish off the menu which I wanted to change and they changed it for me no problem; I didn't feel like I was burdening them. The food itself was out of this world. If I had the money, I'd eat here all of the time. Everyone NEEDS to go. I'd give it so much more than five stars if I had the chance.

• Visited July 2012